East Ridge Raptors: Welcome
EAST RIDGE RAPTORS FASTPITCH SOFTBALL
Welcome to the website for the East Ridge Raptors Fastpitch Softball teams. This is the place to come for announcements, schedules, rosters, handouts, etc. for each team.
Coaches word trumps!!! Note that the intention is to keep this website up with the most recent information possible. But it is possible some information may not get passed on in a timely manner. Coaches direct words to the players always trumps this website.
Banquet 6/15/10 - A Success!!!
The inaugural team banquet was held on Tuesday night, June 15th. The banquet was held at Tinucci's restaurant in Newport, MN where the food was superb and the service was fantastic. The set-up was conducive to the theme we were working for and the decor was right.
We decorated the place with Black, Gold and Silver everywhere we could (confetti on the tables sparkling it up; glitzy table centerpieces, balloons sprinkled around the room; noisemakers; table centerpieces, shiny decorations hanging from the ceiling - and don't forget the feather boa and the blinking tiara - which I do believe Coach Glackler may have worn out of the restaurant on his way home :) ... and all in East Ridge School Colors).
Seating assignments were a challenge as we had to fit to the confines of the restaurant but I think we made it (9th & B-Squad together, a table for Varsity and then a coaches table with parents sprinkled all around).
Social hour started at 6:00, dinner at 6:30. The program started at approx 7:15 and we jumped right in. Coach Glackler who said a few words and then asked our honored guest - AP Matt Kraft to come up and say a few words.
Following Matt, Teri Syvertsen spoke about the 9th Grade team - sharing thoughts from their beloved coach Ashley Homen who was not able to be there. Next B-Squad Coaches Casey Leisgang and Kyle Todd presented the B-Squad team.
A break between the coaches presentations was filled by the Varsity Team Captains (Erica Bohlke, Sam Gregory and Amanda Maki) who gave a lighthearted gift to each varsity player and spoke a few humorous words about them. Great job girls!!! Coach Glackler came back up and spoke about each player while handing out academic and athletic letter awards. The coaches presentations closed with the final awards of the night. Here are the award winners for the inaugural Raptor season:
- MVP: Sam Gregory
- Gold Glove: Taylor LeMay
- Batting: Kelsey Jarrett
- Raptor: Tia Tourville and Kelsey Basten (attitude, academics & athleticism)
- Hustle: Kaela Pittman
- Most Improved: Kayla Bohlke
- All State Honorable Mention: Taylor LeMay
- All Section: Sam Gregory ande Amanda Maki
- All Conference: Sam Gregory and Taylor LeMay
- All Conference Honorable Mention: Kelsey Jarrett and Alyssa Ronquillo
The award session ended on a a very proud note for parents, players and coaches alike when it was announced that the ERHS Varsity Softball team had won the Minnesota Coaches Association Gold Award for Team High GPA (earning an incredible team GPA of 3.8).
Congratulations to all ERHS softball players on a great first season!
Announcement - 6/04/10
The limited edition panoramic portrait Kirk Photography created for the ERHS Girl's Varsity Softball Team is ready. The print can be ordered on it's own or framed. Call Kirk Portrait Designs (651.730.7533) to order and call on or before June 10th to receive the 50% discount.
You will soon be able to view it in the Activity Center display case at ERHS.
To view the portrait including ordering options and prices, go to the Handouts page.
Class 3AAA State Rankings - Provided by Coaches Association - as of 5/26/10
- Eagan (20-0)
- Burnsville (18-3)
- North St. Paul (19-2)
- Spring Lake Park (21-0)
- Hastings (17-3)
- Forest Lake (17-3)
- Prior Lake (16-4)
- Shakopee (16-3)
- Bloomington Jefferson (17-3)
- Rosemount (14-7)
Announcement - 5/27/10
The Car Wash that was scheduled for Sunday, June 6th has been cancelled (too many conflicts for the players). We will let you know if and when it is re-scheduled. Thanks to those who volunteered to help and provide supplies.
Announcement - 5/26/10
Registration is open for the ERHS Softball Clinic being held this summer at the ERHS Varsity Fields June 21-24. Camps are being held for 12 and under and 13 and older. It's a great opportunity for Varsity, B-Squad and 9th Grade players to get a lot of in-depth instruction from the ERHS coaching staff.
From the South Washington County Community Education Site: “This will be a four day camp that stresses the fundamentals of softball. This is considered a high level skill, strategy and game plan camp. The East Ridge High School coaching staff will be the clinicians. The camp will run Monday through Thursday with Friday being the rain makeup date if needed. Participants will need to bring cleats, bat, water and tennis shoes. Campers will also receive a T-shirt."
Note the morning session is for the younger girls and the afternoon session is for the older girls.To register, click on the following link: http://register.cecool.com/course/summer-10/east-ridge-softball-camp
Final Metro Rankings - Source: Gamefacemn.com (Star Tribune)
Spring Lake Park 20-0
North St. Paul 18-2
Bloomington Jefferson 17-2
Prior Lake 16-4
Forest Lake 17-3
New Life Academy (Clase 1A) 16-1
Others receiving consideration: Maple Grove (15-5), Becker (17-3), St. Paul Johnson (18-2), St. Anthony (18-2), Orono (17-2)
Checkout the Links page to keep up with Minnesota State High School League results. The MSHSL link has the sections listed on the bottom right. As sectional play-offs progress, you can click on the "B" to the right of a section to see how the various teams are doing.
Announcement - 5/24/10
Congratulations to the ERHS Varsity Softball team for winning the first Sectional Play-off Game they have ever played. They beat Tartan 8-1. Next up is rival Woodbury High School at 4:30 pm on Tuesday, 5/25 at Ojibway Park in Woodbury.
Check out the Album page for 150+ photos telling the story of the awesome win over Tartan.
Announcement - 5/21/10
The Section 4AAA Tournament Bracket - complete with team names/seeds - has been loaded to the Handouts page.
We are the 5th seed. We play 12th seed Tartan at 4:30 pm at ERHS on Monday, 5/24/10. If we win, we play 4th seed Woodbury @ Woodbury on Tuesday, May 25th.
Announcement - 5/19/10
A copy of the invite has been loaded to the Handout page of the team website. If you have not received the form as of yet, please go out to the handout page.
Please complete the form and submit it - along with payment - by June 1st. You can submit the form and payment to Heather or Kelsey Basten - or - Lisa, Tia or Tess Tourville. Though please make checks out to Heather Basten.
Announcement - 5/12/10
Car Wash Fundraiser: We will be holding a fundraiser for the ERHS softball program. It will be a Car Wash on Sunday, June 6th from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm at the Holiday Station on the SE corner of Radio Drive and Tamarack. The 9th Grade team is asked to work from 10:00 am to Noon; B-Squad from Noon to 2:00 pm and Varsity from 2:00 pm to 4:00 pm.
Please reply to the blast email that was sent on 5/11/10. Supplies will be needed (towels, clothes line, buckets, soap, scrubbers, signs, etc.) and we are asking for commitments from players so we can be sure we will have enough workers. Don't forget to hold the date on your calendars (it has been added to the team calendar).
Update - 5/09/10
Brackets for Sections and State have been added to the Handout section. This only provides game dates and times but no teams are assigned as of yet as seeding has not occurred.
Update - 5/05/10
Albums have been added and pictures loaded for all 3 games played on Wednesday, May 5th (9th Grade vs. Cretin, B-Squad and Varsity vs. Forest Lake). Congratulations to all teams (3 wins for ERHS)!
Update - 4/27/10 & 4/28/10
Albums have been added and pictures loaded for the 9th Grade Game vs. Roseville and the Varsity Game vs. Mankato East - both held on Tuesday, 4/27/10. Also added was an Album for the games against Woodbury on 4/28/10 - all teams in the same Album.
Update - 4/20/10
Check out the Albums page. Pictures have been uploaded (Varsity Team Dinner & JV Games vs. Stillwater on 4/20). More to come - including 9th Grade, B-Squad and Varsity so check it out. Remember you need to be logged in (username and password) to see the pictures.
Website Note - 4/12/10
If you are not receiving the blast emails, due to the size of the distribution list, they may be going straight to your Junk Mail folder. Open it up and look for emails from "Lisa Tourville [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]". If you want these emails to go to your Inbox, open one up, copy the email address that the email came from (email@example.com), and paste/add it to your Junk Mail Safe Senders list. In Outlook, you do this by going to Tools : Options : Preferences : Junk Mail : Safe Senders. Not sure about other systems.
Update - 3/26/10
Check out the Handouts tab. We've added tournament brackets (Lakeville North & Mankato) and the hotel information for the Mankato tourney.
We have also added the following to the schedule:
- NSP Tournament for B-Squad on Saturday, April 10th
- Softball Banquet, Tuesday, June 15th
- Summer Clinic, June 21-24th
Meet the Coaches
Jeff Glackler, Head Coach
Glackler, a 1994 graduate of Southwest Minnesota State University in Marshall, MN was recently hired as East Ridge’s first head softball coach. He brings 20 years of coaching experience to East Ridge, with 15 of that being in fast-pitch softball.
“It’s hard for me to put into words, how excited I am to be named East Ridge’s first softball coach,” Glackler said. “This is an opportunity to build a program from the ground up, which not a lot of coaches get to do.” I can’t wait to get to know the future players, their parents and the East Ridge community members!”
Glackler brings a wealth of coaching experience in softball, baseball, football and basketball. He spent 8 years (1991-1998) as the head coach of Eagle Lake (Mankato East) American Legion baseball team and 2 years as an assistant college baseball coach. He got his start coaching softball with the Mankato Peppers 18U team in 1995. He spent 12 seasons as co-head coach in that time. The Peppers won 8 ASA state softball championships and numerous regional and national qualifier championships. Under his guidance the Peppers finished 3rd in the 1998 AFA National Softball Tournament and 7th twice at the 1997 and 2000 ASA/USA 18U National Softball Tournaments.
Before coming to East Ridge, Glackler was the head coach at Columbia Heights High School for six seasons (2003-2008). He helped lead his school to its first conference championship in 25 years. Glackler was also named the 5AAA Section Coach of the Year in 2004. Before Columbia Heights, Glackler was an assistant softball coach at Augustana College (Sioux Falls, SD) and the head softball, assistant boy’s basketball and assistant football coach at Eden Prairie High for two seasons.
Glackler said the key to being successful is playing aggressively. “We definitely will not play station to station softball,” Glackler said. We will take an aggressive approach on the softball field and we will instill that approach at all levels. We plan on putting pressure on other teams by bunting, slapping, stealing and squeezing.” He said. “The girls really get excited and feed off the aggressive play. It’s just a fun way to play the game. As far as the future is concerned, he believes, “With a lot of hard work, time and effort, the East Ridge softball program will have a bright future.”
Welcome Coach Glacks!Terisa Syvertsen, Varsity Assistant Coach: UNDER CONSTRUCTION - Teri played college softball at UW-Eau Claire . . . Welcome Coach Syvertsen!
Casey Leisgang, B-Squad Head Coach: UNDER CONSTRUCTION - Casey played college softball at UW-Eau Claire . . . Welcome Coach Leisgang!
Kyle Todd, B-Squad Assistant Coach: UNDER CONSTRUCTION - Coaches summer softball in Woodbury and coaches East Ridge youth wrestlers . . . Welcome Coach Kyle!
Ashley Homan, 9th Grade Head Coach
Homan is a graduate of Park Cottage Grove High School, she is an accumulative 12-time letter winner (4 years in softball, 6 in hockey and 2 in tennis) who earned multiple team, regional, conference and state honors. She was a four-year scholarship athlete at St. Cloud State University earning collegiate conference and regional honors and graduating Cum Laude.Homan donates a great deal of her time volunteering at camps, wheelchair softball tournaments and the Courage Center to name a few. She student taught in the St. Cloud area, is lead counselor at Friendship Ventures - Camp Friendship in Annandale, MN, and is a substitute teacher for South Washington County - District 833.
Welcome Coach Homan!
Jesse Ostertag, 9th Grade Assistant Coach
Ostertag hails from Farmington, MN. He played football at UW-River Falls and club baseball. He coached football there one year. Other coaching experience includes 7th grade football at Farmington. Ostertag was a physical education and health student teacher at East Ridge High School in the Fall of 2009 and is now a substitute teacher in South Washington County - District 833.
Welcome Coach O!
Navigating the ERHS Softball eTeamz site
- Note I keep this website as up-to-date as possible. However, there may be a delay in the coaches getting word to me or in me updating the website. As a result, Coaches word ALWAYS takes precedence over what is displayed on this website.
- I plan to house announcements and notes from the coaches, any booster activity information, and game, practice, tournament, and other event info here.
- I also set-up and store the links to game locations which transitions you to maps.yahoo.com and provides directions to the fields.
- In addition, I will upload and store handouts.
- Note that player email addresses and phone numbers have been removed from the roster tab (from an earlier version) for the privacy of the players and coaches. If you need this information, contact me.
- On every tab, there is link in the upper right corner that allows you to create a printable version of the page (turns it black and white and formats it). This is a good option for printing.
- You also have the ability to export the calendar information to Excel. The option to "Export All Visible Events" sits right below "Printable Version". This creates a columnar table and puts it into excel.
- On the calendar, months and years can be changed by hitting the arrows to the right or the left of the month or year.
Narrowing Down your Selection
- On several pages, you can eliminate categories you don't want to see or don't want to print. For example, go to the Calendar tab and maneuver to the bottom. See the section called "Show Events from Chosen Categories or schedules". Below this area is where you make your selections of what you want to look at. If your daughter plays on the B-Squad team, you may want to uncheck the others. It will clean up your calendar view. When you hit your "Printable Version" option, the selections you made below should carry down to the printer.
Navigating Other Pages
- Music is turned on for the Home Page only. You can turn it off by muting your computer microphone.
- There is an "Upcoming Events" section at the bottom of Home Page which displays the next few activities (practices, games, tournaments, etc.).
- Anything underlined is LIVE - which means you can click on it and it will take you elsewhere - providing you more information.
- This section shows games only (no practices or tournaments).
- In the section "Number of Games to Display". I change this to a much higher number (100) so I am sure to see everything.
- Menu tabs along the top allow you to choose a team and the combined tab shows them all together.
- Practices are set up under three tabs: Pre-season, Regular season and post-season. Off to the right, you can click on "All Practices" and - well - see them all. :)
- I have had some trouble printing from this page. The "Printable Version" does not create a .pdf-style report and it does not print appropriately. I am looking into this issue with eTeamz.
- Rosters are as up-to-date as the information I have been given by the coaching staff. There may be a delay in getting any roster changes to me. Coaches word will always take precedence.
- Locations have been loaded and are attached to all games and practices. You can click on the wheel to go to Yahoo Maps and get directions.
- Players home addresses (which are used for various team events) were entered with a "z" as the first letter. This is so that the system sorts locations and puts these at the bottom.
Handouts, Albums, Standings and Links
- Handouts will be loaded and Links attached as needed.
- Photos will be loaded as appropriate and will be secure so you will need a username and password to see them.
- Standings will show up once games have been completed, the scores reported to me, and I get them loaded.
- Pages in the lower half to third of the left side of the page list will likely not be used by our team this year.
- One thing to note: The Team Gear page has nothing to do with East Ridge. This is an eTeamz site so no proceeds from sales go to ERHS Softball.
- At times I was seeing black font on a black background (thus unreadable). In case you run in to the same thing -where the option exists - go to the bottom of the page and hit "redisplay". If that does not work, click on "printable 'page name'" on the upper right of the page. You should then be able to see a black & white version.
- Most pages on this website are public - meaning you don't need to sign in to see them. However, some pages are protected - such as photo albums - for the privacy of the players. To see these protected pages, you must be signed in to the system (logging in using your user name and password). Some people have had trouble logging in to the system (entering in to an infinite loop where it keeps making you complete the form). I think I have found a fix for this problem. Contact me if you are having trouble and I will help you out.
- If you are not receiving the blast emails, due to the size of the distribution list, they may be going straight to your Junk Mail folder. Open it up and look for emails from "Lisa Tourville [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]". If you want these emails to go to your Inbox, open one up, copy the email address that the email came from (email@example.com), and paste/add it to your Junk Mail Safe Senders list. In Outlook, you do this by going to Tools : Options : Preferences : Junk Mail : Safe Senders. Not sure about other systems.
If you see anything you believe to be incorrect anywhere on this site or have any questions regarding it's navigation, please contact me. I am administering this site on behalf of Coach Glackler and the rest of the coaching staff. Lisa Tourville; firstname.lastname@example.org; 651.398.6096.