DML Church: Welcome
This site is to show the services offered by Dr. Martin Luther Church in terms of sporting events.
Dr. Martin Luther Church has Men's Open Basketball on Tuesdays from 7:00 pm to 10:00 pm. Championship Games will be held during this time from 7:30pm to 8:30pm (1 hour - 3 games Round Robin) $5 per person, per week - 10 weeks, $25 for weeks 1 thru 5 and $25 for weeks 6 thru 10.
7:00pm to 7:30pm Warmups, then championship game time, followed by open play shoot for teams basketball
Go to the Handout page to sign up for DML Championship League and download the flyer. Copy and paste the link in the flyer to use Google Forms to sign up for the Championship.
It is undecided when the championship wil begin if at all. We have to get enough people interested and signed up in order to organize the league play.
Friday, February 12
Monday, February 29
Men's open basketball was started January of 2015. For a whole year we have not had problems. As the group grows there will always be some personality conflicts so here are the expectations of the group and what is expected if you decide to participate. If you find that this isn't the way you like to conduct yourself or is something you can not support it may be best to find another place to play rather than being asked to leave.
What we are trying to provide:
- A fun environment where men can hoop it up without getting too banged up.
- An environment where those who aren't their best at the game can improve their skills.
- A competitive but fun environment with respect for the game and others.
Rules of play at Dr. Martin Luther Church:
- No unnecessary roughness. Physical play is expected but should not be used to intentionally hurt someone. Excessive pushing and shoving will not be tolerated and may be cause for being asked to leave.
- Respect for other players is a must.
- Respect for other church groups that are meeting at the church during the same time basketball is being played is a must. This means that excessive yelling and screaming is uncalled for and may be cause for being asked to leave.
- Understand that playing at Dr. Martin Luther Church is a privilege and can be taken away like any other privilege.
It is undecided whether or not we will have enough interest in participating in a championship league.
It is also uncertain when we will be able to form teams if at all.
Use the sign up sheet located in the handout section to provide your personal information. Just click on the Google link located inside the pdf document for the 10 week championship. This will take you to a form to complete to gather your contact information.
Words to live by. It is not whether you win or lose, it is how you play the game!!