DCG Soccer Club: News
- 5-6U players begin September 8th and will run through October 20th
- 7-8U players begin September 8th. The final schedules are TBD and therefore end dates are pending.
- 9U & Up players begin September 8th and regular season will run until October 27th, with no games the weekend of September 29 & 30th. Any reschedules will be completed by November 3rd or 4th.
- 5-6U: Jamboree style with practice/games on Saturday morning from 9am to 10:30am.
- 7-8U: Games will be on Saturday with practices held during the week at the discretion of the team coach(es). Please check back for schedules as we get closer to the season.
- 9U & Up: Schedules are still pending for both the ISL Recreational and Select teams. Please check back for further details and for the link to Tourney Machine.
Uniforms should be ordered through Soccer Master, 3233 100th St, Urbandale (515-270-8141). Please order your uniforms by August 24th to ensure you have them for the start of the season. Orders take at least two weeks so plan ahead!
For 7U & up, please order the following items (correct styles and logos are reserved via Soccer Master):
- Red Jersey,
- White Jersey,
- Red Shorts,
- Red Socks.
- Red Jersey only (do not order the white jersey),
- Red Shorts,
- Red Socks.
You have several options available:
- Order at the store (3233 100th Street, Urbandale) - uniforms will need to be picked up at a later date. Soccer Master does not sell the uniforms on demand anymore, this is their store policy.
- Order online via MyUniform and pick up at the store when ready (recommended).
- Order online via MyUniform and have the uniform delivered (for a fee).
To order online goto MyUniform. Remember, if you are U7 and up, you will need BOTH jerseys (there is only one option per color, Red Champro Captain's and White Champro Leader jerseys). If you are U5-U6 you only need the red jersey, shorts, and socks.
Join our Team of Referees
Soccer Field Painting Volunteers Needed!
VOLUNTEERS NEEDED - Director of Fields
The DCG Soccer Club is looking for a volunteer to join the board as the Director of Fields. This is a fantastic opportunity to support Youth Soccer in the DCG area and share your talents with the community.
We take great pride in the soccer complex and this is a great opportunity for you to become involved. Helping provide a quality program for boys and girls of all ages and skill levels is very rewarding. Responsibilities for the Director of Fields includes:
- Creating field layout and maintaining painted field lines throughout the season
- Maintaining goals, nets, and corner flags
- Managing Field Day volunteers to assemble or tear down soccer fields each season
If you have interest in the position, please contact the President (email@example.com) for more information.
big... Big... BIG Changes - US Soccer Player Development Initiatives
ISL Level 3 Central League Rules
The ISL Level 3 Central League Rules for U9-U19 are now available.
Field Painting Volunteers Needed
We are looking for volunteers to help paint the fields throughout the season. Our club takes great pride in the soccer complex and this is a great opportunity to help contribute. We are asking for a time commitment of about 1.5 hours once during the 8-week soccer season. We usually paint fields after work on Thursdays or Fridays each week after the city has completed mowing and before the weekend games.
No previous experience necessary - the Director of Fields (David Kurth) usually paints the fields each week with the volunteer.
If you are interested, please contact the Director of Fields (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly by email. We are offering again this season a free DCG soccer painting T-shirt for those who volunteer.
Field Safety Reminders
Please take note of a couple of field related items as we get ready to start our games and as we continue to practice throughout the season.
- Do not move the goals – the goals are safely anchored and expected to stay that way. Our High School teams move them occasionally for practice purposes but they are the only exception.
- We have implemented a spectator line for U10 and above age groups on one side of the field to help keep fans at a safe distance from the sidelines and to help our assistant referees (ARs) do their job. If you are a spectator please help out by sitting on the side of the field with the white dashed line and if you are a coach please have your team line up on the opposite side.
Lightning Safety Policy
Reminders for Players & Parents
- Water Bottle, recommended for practices and games.
- Soccer Ball - Size 3 (U5-U8), Size 4 (U9-U12), Size 5 (U13 and up).
- DCG Soccer Club Jersey - available at Soccer Connections, 3233 100th St., Urbandale (515-270-8141). Home teams wear red jersey in Grimes.
- Red Soccer Shorts - Required for U9 and up. Recommended for U5-U8.
- Red Soccer Socks - Required for U9 and up. Recommended for U5-U8.
- Soccer Shoes - Required for all ages.
- Shin guards are REQUIRED and MUST BE WORN AT EACH PRACTICE AND GAME for the player's own protection.
- NO JEWELRY!!! Jewelry CANNOT be worn because of the danger to the player and to other players.
What if it Rains?
If the fields are open and it is safe, we play soccer in the rain.
If you are a coach and you decide to reschedule the game, make sure you follow the "How to Reschedule a Game" procedure.