DCG Soccer Club: News
Join our Team of Referees
big... Big... BIG Changes - US Soccer Player Development Initiatives
ISL Level 3 Central League Rules
The ISL Level 3 Central League Rules for U11-U19 are now available.
Field Painting Volunteers Needed
We are looking for volunteers to help paint the fields throughout the season. Our club takes great pride in the soccer complex and this is a great opportunity to help contribute. We are asking for a time commitment of about 1.5 hours once during the 8-week soccer season. We usually paint fields after work on Thursdays or Fridays each week after the city has completed mowing and before the weekend games.
No previous experience necessary - the Director of Fields (David Kurth) usually paints the fields each week with the volunteer.
If you are interested, please contact the Director of Fields (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly by email. We are offering again this season a free DCG soccer painting T-shirt for those who volunteer.
Lightning Safety Policy
Field Safety Reminders
Please take note of a couple of field related items as we get ready to start our games and as we continue to practice throughout the season.
- Do not move the goals – the goals are safely anchored and expected to stay that way. Our High School teams move them occasionally for practice purposes but they are the only exception.
- We have implemented a spectator line for U10 and above age groups on one side of the field to help keep fans at a safe distance from the sidelines and to help our assistant referees (ARs) do their job. If you are a spectator please help out by sitting on the side of the field with the white dashed line and if you are a coach please have your team line up on the opposite side.
Reminders for Players & Parents
- Water Bottle, recommended for practices and games.
- Soccer Ball - Size 3 (U5-U8), Size 4 (U9-U12), Size 5 (U13 and up).
- DCG Soccer Club Jersey - available at Soccer Connections, 3233 100th St., Urbandale (515-270-8141). Home teams wear red jersey in Grimes.
- Red Soccer Shorts - Required for U9 and up. Recommended for U5-U8.
- Red Soccer Socks - Required for U9 and up. Recommended for U5-U8.
- Soccer Shoes - Required for all ages.
- Shin guards are REQUIRED and MUST BE WORN AT EACH PRACTICE AND GAME for the player's own protection.
- NO JEWELRY!!! Jewelry CANNOT be worn because of the danger to the player and to other players.
What if it Rains?
If the fields are open and it is safe, we play soccer in the rain.
If you are a coach and you decide to reschedule the game, make sure you follow the "How to Reschedule a Game" procedure.