Crookston Youth Soccer Association: Welcome
Soccer Practice for U10 and U12 has been cancelled for tonight, Tuesday, June 13
CYSA SPRING RECREATIONAL SOCCER
The Crookston Youth Soccer Association (CYSA) spring recreational soccer season will run from Thursday, April 20 through Thursday, May 18. Age appropriate activities and drills will help girls and boys four years of age through grade 6 develop soccer skills while exercising and having fun. Soccer sessions will be on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 5:30-6:15 p.m.
Registration/medical release form can be printed off the CYSA Website: (www.crookstonsoccer.com) or register to first night (April 20). There will be a parent meeting the first night to go over expectations and how the sessions will be conducted. The registration fee is $40 per participant with additional children charged $30 per child. Checks should be made out to CYSA and mailed to PO Box 265, Crookston, MN 56716 or dropped off on the first day of practice (Thursday, April 20).
LOCATION: Carman Park (Fairfax Ave/Third Ave SW & Erskine St, Crookston)
WHEN: Tuesdays and Thursdays, April 20-May 18
TIME: (All ages) 5:30-6:15 p.m.
• Either a blue or gold t-shirt included with registration
• Shin guards are recommended but not required.
The purpose of Crookston Youth Soccer Association (CYSA) is:
1. Promote, foster and perpetuate the game of soccer for youth in the community of Crookston.
2. Coordinate soccer activities with the Crookston Public Schools and the University of Minnesota Crookston.
3. Develop and maintain a high level of coaching and officiating by making sure those individuals have the proper license or certification. This could include sponsoring or sending coaches and/or referees to clinics and training.
4. To develop and implement a mentor program for new coaches and referees.
5. Make sure that all coaches, referees, board members and other volunteers have a background check on record with the Minnesota Youth Soccer Association (MYSA).
6. Make sure members shall follow and adhere to the Player’s Code, Parent’s Code and Coach’s code as published in the MYSA “Official Administrative Rulebook.”