Creekview Grizzlies Track and Field: Welcome
2014 Grizzly Track Season Kicks Off!
Girls and boys track practice begins the week! All athletes must have athlete contracts and physicals on file before they may participate! Girls begin practice Tuesday, January 21st and boys will begin on Wednesday, January 23rd (Girls will be off Thurday and Friday). All athletes will practice together beginning Monday the 27th.
*****We will have our parent booster meeting next Tuesday, January 28th in room 502 (turn right after entering the main entrance) at 6pm after practice. We need ALL PARENTS in attendance. We will be discussing all details of the upcoming season including organization of volunteers for this year's home meets as well as discussion of our upcoming work day on February 1st.
Note: This is a change from the original meeting time-we will NOT have a parent meeting on the 23rd.
****All parents and athletes should sign up for remind101 by texting @coachgriz to 678-999-6110. We will use this medium as well as our website email system to share news and announcements for the 2014 season.
2013 State Bound!
Congratulations to the following athletes for qualifying for the state track meets. This group makes up the largest contingent of Creekview athletes to qualify for a state competition:
Boys State Meet- Jefferson (5/2-5/4):
Nathan Pelletier-Shot Put and Discus
Girls State Meet- Albany (5/9-5/11)
Anna Dunn-Pole Vault and 100m Hurdles
Mary Kellan Carr-Shot Put and Discus
Camille Fahrnbauer-High Jump
Jr. Grizzly Track Meet
Remember that all athletes and managers are expected to help at the Jr. Grizzly Track meet this Saturday 5/4. Please report to the track by 8am. Mrs. Garriques will assign you to help with events at that time. This is your opportunity to do for others-to mentor some of the young athletes that look up to you all. All athletes unable to attend the Jr Grizzly Meet this Saturday should see Coach Cline or Coach Smyrl asap.
2013 CHS Track and Field Banquet on Thursday, May 16
A banquet sign-up form is located in the handout section. Please fill out this form and submit to the coaches no later than Monday, May 13. All banquet information is located on the form.
2013 Region 7-AAAAA Results
We had some outstanding performances this past week at the region meet with several athletes scoring points. Congratulations to the following athletes for placing in the top 4 of their event(s) and qualifying for the state sectional meet at Starr’s Mill on Saturday 4/27 . Also, thanks to all volunteersfor helping out at the region meet. Saturday went very smoothly even with a skeleton (rain-out) crew.
· Hunter Carter placed 2nd in 800m and 6th in 1600m - will advance to Sectionals for 800m.
· Kyle Kampovski placed 2nd in Pole Vault and will advance to Sectionals.
· Nathan Pelletier placed 2nd in Shot Put and 4th in Discus and will advance to Sectionals for both events
· Camille Fahrnbauer placed 2nd in High Jump and will advance to Sectionals. Also placed 6th in 800m.
· Rachel Garabedian placed 2nd in the 3200m and will advance to Sectionals. Also placed 6th in 1600m.
· Maya Scott placed 2nd in the Triple Jump (new school record) and will advance to Sectionals.
· Mary Kellan Carr placed 2nd in Discus and 3rd in Shot Put. She will advance to Sectionals in both events.
Dunn placed 2nd in the 100m Hurdles (new school record), 4th in the 300m
Hurdles, and won the pole vault. She will advance to Sectionals for all
Scoring Athletes (places 1-8):
· Sydney Bosley placed 8th in the 800
· Girls 4x100m finished 6th (Jenna Millsaps, Brooke Anderson, Anna Dunn, Amber Lockette)
· Girls 4x400m finished 5th (new school record 4:14.13 Camille Fahrnbauer, Jenna Millsaps, Marisa Rink, and Anna Dunn)
· Lexi Cromer finished 7th in the pole vault with a PR of 7-6.
· Calli Ruschmeyer placed 6th in Long Jump.
· Tyra Moon finished 5th in the Shot Put with a PR of 32-4.5.
· Abby Travers placed 7th in the discus with a PR of 72-2
· Brennan Garriques placed 7th in 1600m and 3200m.
· Caleb Potter placed 6th in 110m Hurdles and 7th in High Jump.
· Bruce Moshier finished 7th in the pole vault with a PR of 9-0.
· Lucas Nelson placed 8th in the discus with a throw of 107-11
· Ryan Camp finished 9th in the 300H after only two weeks of practice for the event
SCHOOL RECORDS BROKEN THIS SEASON:
Nathan Pelletier - Discus (129-09) @ Creekview Tri meet 2/13/2013
Anna Dunn - 300m Hurdles (57.00) @ Wolverine Track Invitational 3/9/2013
Mary Kellan Carr - Shot Put (35-4.00) Creekview vs. West Forsyth 3/13/2013
Camille Fahrnbauer, Jenna Millsaps, Sidney Bosley, and Anna Dunn - Girls 4x400m Relay (4:19.77) @ Ga Tech Invitational 3/15/2013
Sidney Bosley - 2K Steeplechase (9:00.51) @ Ga Tech Invitational 3/15/2013
Camille Fahrnbauer, Jenna Millsaps, Marissa Rink, and Anna Dunn - Girls 4x400m Relay (4:19.67) @ Varsity County Championship Meet 3/30/2013
Jenna Millsaps, Anna Dunn, Brooke Anderson, and Amber Lockette - Girls 4x100m Relay (50.86) @ Varsity County Championship Meet 3/30/2013
|Anna Dunn wins Pole Vault, places 6th in 100m Hurdles @ GT|