Central Mo/Kan Pop Warner: Welcome
You have arrived at the website for the new Pop Warner league serving the Kansas City Region. Central Mo/Kan is established to provide the Pop Warner environment for Johnson County KS, Wyandotte County KS, Kansas City MO, Belton and Grandview. For the 2011 season we will be utilizing inter-league play with Heart of America Pop Warner in Independence, MO. As participation increases, Central Mo/Kan will be able to provide league play within our league.
The mission of Pop Warner Little Scholars is to enable young people to benefit from participation in team sports and activities in a safe and structured environment. Through this active participation, Pop Warner programs teach fundamental values, skills and knowledge that young people will use throughout their lives.
Pop Warner seeks to provide fun athletic learning opportunities for children, while emphasizing the importance of academic success. Specifically, Pop Warner seeks to familiarize players and spirit participants with the fundamentals of football, cheerleading and dance. Pop Warner strives to inspire youth, regardless of race, creed or national origin, to practice the ideals of sportsmanship, scholarship and physical fitness as reflected in the life of the late Glenn Scobie “Pop” Warner.
- To encourage and increase youth participation in football, cheerleading and dance.
- To ensure a safe and positive playing environment for all participants.
- To instill life-long values of teamwork, dedication and a superior work ethic in the classroom and on the playing field.
- Pop Warner programs have no tryouts or cutting of rosters.
- Everyone participates under mandatory rules of play.
- On-field coaching is allowed for younger age levels.
- Individual awards are given only for academic excellence, not for on-field activities.
Safe Playing Environment
- Players are matched by age and weight levels.
- There are strict mandatory equipment requirements.
- Pop Warner provides Coaching Clinics and Risk Management Training.
- An enforced national rule book incorporates time-tested rules.
- A full-time executive staff supports all local associations and assists in sound policy creation.
Saturday, January 8
Central Mo/Kan Pop Warner is activly seeking teams for the 2011 season! Sounds far away doesn't it? There is much to be done before you are even allowed to start practice which begins August 1st. Each participant must provide prior year school report card, government issued birth certificate, current physical and participant registration form signed by parent or legal guardian.
Coaches and volunteers must pass a mandatory background check. Coaches must complete on-line certification classes. Teams are then formed by geographical boundries. Player equipment must be secured through fundraising, grants and donations. Arrangements for facilities within the community/neighborhood for practice and games must be obtained.
If interested or need more information contact: Frank Moore @ firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out the Pop Warner Video below!
Pop Warner Video
Sunday, January 15
Central MO/KAN is offering the following divisions of play.
Tackle Football Divisions of Play: