Central Carolina Conference: History

SCHOOLS
The Central Carolina Conference was formed in the fall of 1959 with nine high schools from the area. The original nine were: Central Davidson, Denton, Fair Grove, Jamestown, Ledford, North Davidson, Pilot, Trinity, and West Davidson. The league's schools changed many times through the spring of 1970, when the league ceased play for a three year period, returning in the fall of 1973. The following is a complete alphabetical listing of schools that have been members of the CCC throughout the years:

 SCHOOL  YEARS      
 Allen Jay  1968-1970  1973-1979    
 Central Davidson    1959-1968   1973-1985   1989-1993   2001-2013 
 Denton  1959-1970  1977-1985    
 East Davidson  1961-1970  1973-pres    
 Fair Grove  1959-1961      
 Gibsonville  1968-1970      
 High Point Central  1997-2001      
 Jamestown  1959-1963      
 Ledford  1959-1970  1973-2009    
 Lexington  1985-pres      
 North Davidson  1959-1967  1989-1993    
 North Rowan  1985-1989  1997-2009  2013-pres  
 North Stanly  1997-2001      
 Northwood  1993-1997      
 Pilot  1959-1961      
 Providence Grove  2008-2009      
 Randleman  1963-1970  1973-1997    
 Salisbury  1985-1989  1997-pres    
 South Iredell  2003-2005      
 Southern Guilford  1973-1981      
 Southwest Guilford  1979-1989      
 Southwestern Randolph  1973-1985  1993-1997    
 Sumner  1968-1970      
 Thomasville  1985-1997  2009-pres    
 Trinity  1959-1970      
 Union Pines  1993-1997      
 West Davidson  1959-1970  1973-1993  2005-pres  
 West Iredell  2001-2005      
 West Stokes  2001-2005      
 Western Guilford  1968-1970