Welcome to the Central Dauphin Area Basketball Association,
an organization proudly celebrating its 33rd year of youth basketball!
The Central Dauphin Area Basketball Association is a registered non-profit organization devoted to providing a basketball program open to all students residing within the Central Dauphin School District boundaries who are Kindergarten thru 12th grade. PIAA officials are used for all 3rd-12th grade games.
Get updates and information from the CDABA on Facebook or Twitter!
All are at Linglestown Middle School from 6:30pm to 7:15pm
The Coaches Registration form will open on the website on September 5. If you are willing to coach this season, please go to the website and fill out the form. All coaches and assistant coaches will to do background checks before evaluations.
All fees for the 2017/2018 season will remain the same.
$60 for Skillbuilders (K-2nd) and $90 for 3rd to 12th
$20 Volunteer Fee per family will be charged and will be returned when you Coach, Assistant Coach or help out at the Pizza Party or Championship Sunday.
Registration is going to be limited until we find out our gym space allotment from the School District. We are only going to accept the following amount of players:
B34, B56, B78, B912 - 54 players in each division
G345 - 36 players
Please register your son/daughter early to avoid being shut out. Registration will close when we reach these numbers and we will only add more teams if we get space from the School District.
We currently have Sponsorship opportunities available. Your company can now be on your son/daughter's team shirts for only $200. We also have two other Sponsorship opportunities. Please pass this on to any businesses you think would be interested in sponsoring CDABA. This will help us keep costs down and do more for your student athlete.
3 Point Sponsor - $1000
Logo on Front of one team shirt in every division
Banner at scoretable at all games
Banner at all Special Events
Logo on website homepage
Logo on all emails
Full page ad in all programs
Field Goal Sponsor - $500
Logo on Front of Shirt-2 teams
Banner at scoretable of games
Banner at all Special Events
Free Throw Sponsor - $200
Logo on website
1/2 page ad in all programs
Name on 2 team shirts
Logo on website
Ad in all programs
We want to again thank all of our Sponsors from last season
3 Point Sponsors
Enterprise Rent A Car
Field Goal Sponsors
Gift CPAs, Hilton Diminick, Sport Clips, Friendship Center
Free Throw Sponsors
Two Brothers Pizza, Home and Deck Wash, Stark Energy, Karns, TRC Interactive, Aaron's
Please go to these links to see information about CD Junior Lacrosse or Brightbill Basketball.
CDABA wishes good luck to all the coaches and players this season. Here are a few reminders for the parents and spectators this season.
1. All spectators must sit on the opposite side of the gym from the team benches. The only people allowed on the bench side of the gym will be the 9 players on each team, 2 coaches from each team and the book keepers and scoreboard operator. We are trying to give the coaches and players a calmer atmosphere to play and learn the game.
2. Spectators are strictly forbidden from harassing or criticizing the referees during or after a game. Spectators should never go up to an official to challenge them in any way. Any spectator found violating these guidelines may be asked to leave the gym by either the referees or Game Manager.
3. Parents are expected to control their children who are in the gym as spectators. Children are not allowed to run around or bounce basketballs in the hallways. They should remain on the sidelines as spectators. They should not be crawling on top of or under neath the bleachers. All children, whether siblings of players or other children of coaches, need to remain on the spectator side throughout the games.
4. In addition, no one is allowed to bring any food or drink into the gyms, with the exception of drinks for players only.
5. If you are asked to be the book keeper or scoreboard operator by your teams coach, please remember you are an extension of the Referee crew. You must remain quiet while doing these jobs. No coaching, no yelling at referees, no yelling at players. If you think you are unable to meet these expectations, please let your coach know ahead of time.
6. We are guests in these schools. Please do not wander the hallways or open any doors.
7. The main doors to the schools can not be unlocked or propped open. A parent must be at the door for the 30 minutes before each game. Please help out your team by signing up to watch the door. Please follow any rules the Custodians give us. There are currently 11 teams without door watchers. Your team will lose practice time if no one is signed up.
CDABA is looking forward to another great year of basketball. If you have any questions or comments, please email the league at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please remember that no food or drinks are allowed in any of the gyms we use. Players may only bring water to drink, no Gatorade. Reusable water bottles are the best so there is no trash left behind.
The Central Dauphin School District has made the safety and security of their schools their number 1 priority. We here at CDABA also feel very strongly about this. For those of you who don't know, all CDSD buildings will have the doors shut and locked at all times. There will be no leaving doors unlocked or propping doors open at any school. CDABA will lose access to all our gym space if we are found to be propping doors open. Please pass this along to all people who may be taking your son/daughter to a practice or game. (Grandparents, friends, neighbors, etc)
Because of the priority put on this by the CDSD, CDABA will have the following rules this season:
All teams must provide a door watcher for all practices. The TIMETOSIGNUP link for parents is at the top of this page.
If a team has no parent signed up to watch the door by 10am on the day of their practice, they will not practice that night.
CDABA will do inspections of schools and if no one is watching the door, all teams practicing at that time will lose practice rights.
Parents will receive $10 of their volunteer fee money back for 1 hour of door watching up to $20 total.
For games, both teams playing will be responsible for a door watcher for the 30 minutes prior to their game.
Also, all Head and Assistant coaches must have background checks done on them this season. If we don't have their information, they will not be allowed to help at practices or games. If you plan on helping out this season, please have your State Police and Child Abuse clearances sent to the league via email. If you have any questions or concerns, please email the league at the address listed below.