Cairo-Durham Little League: Welcome
Dear Little League Parents,
As we approach a new season of Little League, we would like to inform all of you of some important dates and changes to our fund raising activities. This season, at the time of registration, we will be implementing a $25.00 raffle ticket fee in addition to the registration fee. Parents will be asked to submit $25.00 per family in exchange for $25.00 worth of raffle tickets to be sold. All proceeds will go to benefit the kids who participate in Little League. The raffle tickets will be for Mets/Yankee tickets for a drawing to be held Saturday, May 4, 2013, at the Cairo Town Park. Little League registration days will be held on Saturdays, during the month of February, at the Cairo-Durham Middle School.
Also, we are proud to offer an “Opening Day Ceremony” event on Saturday, May 4, 2013, starting at 9:00 a.m. This event will coincide with the Cairo Town Park Day. There will be a ribbon cutting ceremony from 12:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. to commemorate the new swings and basketball courts that have been installed. In addition, there will be free raffle drawings for bicycles, vendors, food, pitch/hit/run contest and opening day Little League baseball and softball games.
Lastly, coaches and volunteers are needed for the 2013 Season. Anyone interested in volunteering or coaching a team, please contact any LL Board Member. There will be a meeting in early March to discuss participation in the Don MacDonald Coaches School, which is tentatively scheduled for April.
*****IMPORTANT DATES TO REMEMBER******
• Saturdays, February 2, 9, 16 & 23, 2013 – Little League Registration @ Cairo-Durham MS
• Wednesday, February 6, 2013 - Parents Meeting - 7:00 p.m. @ Cairo Library
• Saturday, March 2, 2013 – Spaghetti Dinner @ East Durham Firehouse
• Saturday, March 2, 2013 – Last Day of Little League Registration
• Saturday, March 23 OR Sunday, March 24 – Little League Practice Dates
• Saturday, April 13 – Cairo Practice• Sunday, April 14 – Durham Practice
• Saturday, April 27 – Coin Drop – Jr/Sr. Boys & Girls Only – Location to be determined.
• Saturday, April 27 – Picture Day- Cairo Town Park
• Saturday, May 4 – Opening Ceremony/Cairo Town Park Day @ Cairo Town Park
• Saturday, May 25 – Coin Drop – LL Major Boys/Girls @ Milk Run, East Durham (other locations to be determined)
We look forward to working with all of you to make this a great season for the kids. Thank you for your support.
Cairo-Durham Little League