Blendon Westerville Little League: Welcome
2016 REGISTRAION NOW OPEN - CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
Add your name to our mailing list --> Click Here
Welcome to the Blendon-Westerville Little League
Good People of the Westerville area. It is unfortunate that we have to announce this but BWLL is finally to a point where we cannot field any teams this year other than our Challengers division. We are sad that we are faced with not being able to coach kids and help them grow and have fun. We have great memories of the many, many kids that have come through our league including our own children. We are very proud of the great players who have made high school teams and have gone on to coach other youth teams. Its nice knowing it all started at BWLL.
Where EVERY child plays EVERY game!
The Blendon-Westerville Little League (BWLL) is the only chartered Little League for Blendon Township, Westerville, Minerva Park, and Northeastern Columbus, including the Forest Park, Northgate, Strawberry Farms, Sharon Woods, Sunbury, and Huber Ridge neighborhoods. We are part of the world's largest and most respected youth sports organization (Little League), with over 2.6 million baseball and softball players in more than 75 countries across the world.
BWLL enjoys a great partnership with the Olentangy Braves, Orange and Liberty Little League Programs.
For the 2015 season, we are planning to play against the OLL teams in the Minors, Majors, Juniors and Seniors divisions. Some light travel is to be expected. More details to follow.
Click here to sign up for our mailing list so you won't miss out on our Spring Registration!
Our Mission: Through proper guidance and exemplary leadership, the Little League program assists youth in developing the qualities of citizenship, discipline, teamwork and physical well-being. By espousing the virtues of character, courage and loyalty, the Little League Baseball and Softball program is designed to develop superior citizens rather than stellar athletes.
Why should your child play in our Little League?
- Play with over 75 years of rules developed by Little League to protect all players
- Local and national safety programs designed to keep your child safe
- Open to all girls and boys of any ability or skill
- Excellent introduction to team sports
- Community, development, and sportsmanship goals, rather than a "win-at-all costs" atmosphere
- 26 years of developing local citizens and leaders
- All-star teams have the chance to play in district competition for Little League World Series
- EVERY childs plays in EVERY game
BWLL attends and supports our local professional teams:
We need your help!Every year, BWLL teaches baseball, citizenship, teamwork, and leadership skills to hundreds of children across Northern Columbus, Westerville, Minerva Park, and Blendon Township. We are an all-volunteer program and can only exist with the help of our parents, our community, and our sponsors. For more information about sponsoring or volunteering with BWLL, please contact us at email@example.com or 614-636-2955.
- Sponsors: Our sponsors allow us to reduce our registration fees and allow more kids to play baseball. We want to teach every kid who wants to play baseball and our sponsors help us do that. Please help us make a difference in your community this year. We thank all of the sponsors who have helped us this year. Please consider donating to BWLL.
- Coaches: Our coaches make our Little League great. Many parents have started out coaching tee-ball and have coached their children and grandchildren all the way up through the Juniors Division. We welcome anyone who wants to be a coach, no experience required!
- Umpires: Every game in every division for kid pitch and up is controlled by an umpire. The umpire calls the strikes, balls, outs, and score for each game. Our group of umpires is led by our Chief Umpire with decades of Little League experience.
- Concessions: Concessions provide a much needed source of income during the year. We cannot play games without the income our concessions workers provide.
- Grounds Crew: Our grounds crew works hard before every game preparing our fields for play. It's as easy as riding a tractor! Please consider helping us keep good fields for our players.