Back Back to Board Total Views: 2596 - Total Replies: 2 
Print Print This Post << Previous Topic | Next Topic >> 

Back Reply to this Message BackReport Abuse Display Mode: Flat | Threaded 
  Nickname: mogirl

Posted: 2/1/2009 7:56am
Views:   896
Replies: 1
  Question  coaches question  
What do you think about this? My daughter’s coach (who is new this year) has stated a particular girl on a high school varsity team is the best player and she will get ninety percent of the plays to shoot. She knows how to win a game according to coach. She forces the ball constantly when others are open to shoot. We have only won 5 games this whole season. There are only about 4 games left. Is it usual for a coach to set up 90% of the plays for one player?

Nickname: BORICUA ISABELA

Posted: 2/9/2009 8:39am
Views:   874
Replies: 1
  Re: coaches question  
HELLO

YES AND NO.
IT IS USUAL WHEN THE COACH WANTS DICIPLINE TOWARDS FOLLOWING INSTRUCTIONS AND SOMETIMES EVEN THOUGH IT DOESNT SEEM RIGHT TO YOU AND OTHER PARENTS AND MAYBE THE PLAYERS THAT   MIGHT BE CASE
ON THE OTHER HAND THE COACH JUST DOESNT HAVE CONFIDENCE IN HIS OTHER PLAYERS OR THEY DONT WORK AS HARD AS THIS PARTICULAR PLAYER
AND REMEMBER ONLY ONE TEAM WINS A CHAMPIONSHIP IN THE END SO BY THAT I MEAN IS SOMETIMES WINNING IS OVERLY STRESSED BUT HAVING A GOOD TIME   IS NOT

Nickname: mogirl

Posted: 2/10/2009 6:54am
Views:   828
Replies: 0
  Re: coaches question  
Thanks for the response. I do think the coach does not have confidence in the others players. I did not her think lack of confidence would allow her to let one player play like she is. She is a new coach this year to the school. This girl is jacking up the ball and using the team to get her box scores up. We are losing games because of it.

An Approach to Cutting Players < < Previous Topic  |  Next Topic > > Video: 82-foot buzzer beater   

< Back
Football Soccer Basketball Baseball Ice Hockey Cheerleading Softball Volleyball Lacrosse Swimming Tennis Bowling More Sports