Back Back to Board Total Views: 1356 - Total Replies: 1 
Print Print This Post << Previous Topic | Next Topic >> 

Back Reply to this Message BackReport Abuse Display Mode: Flat | Threaded 
  Nickname: PeanutMMs

Posted: 12/16/2008 7:06am
Views:   685
Replies: 1
  Sportsmanship  
The 5th/6th grade girls basketball team that I coach had a difficult game this past Saturday. They lost by 20 points. During the game, my team was reporting to me that the girls on the other team were making fun of them on the court. That didn't make me happy, but what happened a few hours after the game really caught my attention. A girl from the opposing team *67'd one of the girls on my team and proceeded to gloat and ridicule my player and our team. I can't say I expected that kind of behavior from a 5th or 6th grade girl....

I'm wondering at this point...should I let this drop, or should I contact this opposing coach and tell him what happened. I do know the opposing coach and never seemed like the kind of guy that would condone this type of behavior.

Any advice?

[ Modified 12/16/2008 7:07am by PeanutMMs ]

Back Reply to this Message BackReport Abuse Display Mode: Flat | Threaded 
  Nickname: coach_Vic

Posted: 12/17/2008 8:02am
Views:   672
Replies: 0
  Re: Sportsmanship  
Hi,
Certainly, the behaviour of the opposing players is unacceptable, at any level. Neither coaches or referees should allow such behaviour.

Yes, you should definitely speak to the coach. In addition, what is the policy of the people who govern the league in which you play? If they don't have one, they should develop one.

All the best,
Coach Vic

Duplicating Game Conditions < < Previous Topic  |  Next Topic > > Do you have what it takes to be a pro athlete?   

< Back
Football Soccer Basketball Baseball Ice Hockey Cheerleading Softball Volleyball Lacrosse Swimming Tennis Bowling More Sports