Robbinsdale Armstrong High School Bands - Plymouth, MN: Marching Band: AHS MB Update - 9-26-18
The band did great last weekend with Homecoming and the Plymouth Parade, hopefully you were able to see them in action. Here is some information for the next two weeks and beyond.
Wednesday, 9/26 - Rehearsal - 6:45-8:15pm
Due to field availability we will rehearse from 6:45-8:15pm.
Friday, 9/28 - Football Game - 3:30pm call time; 5:00pm Kick-off
The start time is not new, but make sure you have the correct time on your schedule for Friday. For those students wanting to stay at school, we are collecting $3 and will be serving pizza in the Band Room at 3:00pm. Please bring payment to Mr. Pillmer by NOON on Friday.
Monday, 10/1 - Rehearsal - 6:00-8:15pm
We will meet inside and then head outside, dress for the weather.
Wednesday, 10/3 - NO REHEARSAL
Because of the football schedule and all of the hard work the students have put in so far this season, we are able to cancel this rehearsal. Enjoy the night off!!
Saturday, 10/6 - Kelly Drive Parade - 1:00pm
There are several different details for this short, informal parade performance.
- Students will NOT be wearing full uniforms, but their marching band t-shirts with either jeans or khaki shorts (depending on the weather). The directors will make a decision and all marchers are expected to match.
- We will NOT be meeting at school. Students will meet at the SEA Elementary School parking lot (1751 Kelly Dr, Golden Valley, MN 55427) at 12:30pm and we ask that you carpool if at all possible.
- Students will need to bring their instrument home from school and anyone needing assistance should speak to a director.
- The parade begins at 1:00pm and students are free to stay and enjoy the festival after our performance.
Saturday, 10/27 - Anoka Halloween Parade - 1:00pm
We have received information from the parade organizers and the schedule looks like this:
- 12:00pm - Meet at AHS 1
- 12:15pm - Depart AHS
- 1:00 - Parade begins
- 1:50pm - (approx.) AHS enters parade
- 2:15pm - (approx.) AHS ends parade
- 3:00pm - (approx.) Return to AHS
If you are planning to attend the parade, please make a transportation plan to get your son or daughter home from Armstrong. The parade will continue long after we are done and traffic can be very heavy with many detours. Students need to be picked up from school in a timely manner.
Attached to this email is a map of the Anoka Parade Area.
If you have any questions, please start a new thread with the information below:
Todd Burkholder - Todd_Burkholder@rdale.org
Colin Woelfle - Colin_Woelfle@rdale.org
Handout: Anoka Grand Day Parade Route