ARBUTUS FIREBALLS Travel Softball: Welcome
What a 2015 season we had!! Thank you parents & players for ending the season on a high note.
Special Recognition to the following players for some STAND-OUT moments:
Best Batting Average: Tatum - .375, Juliana - .366, Tatayana - .351, Abbey - .333
Best On Base %: Jasmine - .547, Abbey - .484, Tatum - .468, Leah & Tatayana - .400
Lowest Strike-Out % - Tatum - 4%
Stolen Bases & Most Base on Balls - Jasmine - 24 SB, 21 Walks
RBI Leaders: Juliana - 16, Tatum - 13
Most Singles - Tatayana - 12, Juliana & Tatum - 11
HOMERUN QUEEN: Juliana
THANK YOU TO "ALL ABOUT DOORS" FOR YOUR GENEROUS DONATION!
A HUGE THANKS TO ALL THE PEOPLE WHO PURCHASED RAFFLE TICKETS TO SUPPORT OUR TEAM!!
The Arbutus Fireballs are a 17 year established travel organization centrally located in Baltimore County, we are seeking players to fill-out our roster for 2015 Spring/Summer. We have partnered with the Head Coach of AACC to provide pitching instruction and skills clinics beginning NOW.
Our program objective is to provide players competitive level of play while not requiring a substantial financial commitment. We play local tournaments (4-5) and games from May to July/August. We play C level tournaments, but insist on A level attitude and heart.
Our coaching staff is dedicated to encouraging and teaching continued skill and character development.
If you love the game of softball and want to play with a team that has fun while winning, contact me to sign-up for our clinics in February and March. Coach Monika Campbell, (443)250-8748 firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website http://www.eteamz.com/arbutusfireballs/
For futher information, feel free to contact me.
WHAT KIND OF PLAYERS ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
Young ladies, that respect themselves and others, love the game, and strive for improvement everyday, on and off the field.
A site for parents, players, coaches and fans. Stay up-to-date on games schedules, directions, tournament standings and team drills and skills. Get directions on-line in a printable format, check out our up-coming tournaments and see the results all season long.
FIREBALLS SOFTBALL RULES TO LIVE BY!!!
1. If you can hit - you won't sit.
2. Swing hard - just in case you hit it.
3. If your stealin' - your sliding'.
4. If you "K" - run hard to first - just in case.
5. You don't have to be THE best, you just have to be YOUR best.
6. When you have gone as far as you can take one more step.
7. ARBUTUS FIREBALLS Rule!!!
VISIT OUR TEAM STORE FOR ALL OF YOUR SPORT EQUIPMENT NEEDS!!
1. Getting picked off a base
2. Not sliding
3. Not knowing how many outs there are
4. Missing a signal or not executing at advancing a runner
5. Throwing to the wrong base or behind the advancing runner
6. Not throwing to the cutoff from the outfield
7. Not being able to get a sacrifice bunt down
8. Not backing up the play
9. Not calling for a fly ball
10. Taking a called third strike
11. Not getting the sure out
12. Not hustling all the time
13. Not being mentally prepared to play
Teams win championships by doing the little things well, all the time
1) Take responsibility for your thoughts and actions
2) Be on a mission; Know why you play softball, what character traits you want to possess and what you want to accomplish in the game.
3) Play one pitch at a time; confident and focused on each pitch as it is played with disregard for past or future pitches.
4) Make your daily actions consistent with your mission.
5) Realize that you cannot control what happens around you but you can control your response to it, and that you be in control of yourself before you can control your performance.
6) Develop your mental skills so you constantly perform near the best of your ability and you have "something to go to" when adversity strikes.
7) Practice what you are going to do in the game
8) Focus on the process of playing the game rather than the outcomes of your performance
9) Learn each day
10) Keep it simple!