: Elite 99G News
Ajax United Players - Region 8 PDP Roster
Congratulations to the following Ajax United players who are on the Region 8 PDP roster.
Jerry Marquez - Elite 99B
Jordan Rocha - Elite 99B
Thomas Rueda - Elite 99B
Carly Bland - Elite 2000G
Isbella Cuevas - Elite 99G
Arieanna Diaz - Elite 01G
Skylar Hoy - Elite 2000G
McKenzie Madison - Elite 99G
Mirella Ortega - Elite 99G
Tessa Raspo - Elite 2000G
Courtnee Van Dyke - Elite 2000G
Sarah Vlha - Elite 01G
Well Done Ajax!
Saturday, February 12
Oh My Goal! Ajax vs Spirits? (State Cup PKs)
Wednesday, August 4
Modesto runners claim gold at Junior Olympics
Nicole Warwick nets three medals at national track meet
After two years of disappointment at the National Junior Olympics Championships, Nicole Warwick was determined to be a winner.
The 11-year-old Modesto runner claimed two gold medals in very different ways at the annual youth track and field championships last week. Warwick helped her 4x800-meter relay team blow away the competition on July 28, then won the 800 by the slimmest of margins on July 31.
She also finished second in the 1,500 on Sunday at Sacramento's Hughes Stadium to bring her medal haul to three.
Central Valley Roadrunners coach Carl Bryant believes Warwick and company are the first Modesto-based athletes to win a Junior Olympic title since three-time discus champion Suzy Powell-Roos (1993-95). Powell-Roos went on to become a three-time Olympian.
"It's like winning a million dollars," Warwick said. "You won it, but you don't know if you're going to get it. You just forget about all the pain. You're so filled with joy you just forget about everything."
Warwick teamed with twin sister Meagan, Sara Stevens and Turlock's Kiana Clay to win the midget girls 4x800 relay in 9 minutes, 52.73 seconds — beating the competition by almost 20 seconds. It was a big deal for the girls to win together as Stevens had suffered a broken ankle that left her in doubt for the regionals in Modesto on July 15-17.
Bryant said the most exciting race of the meet came three days later when Nicole Warwick outstepped Sydney Gandy of Team Houston by two-hundredths of a second. Warwick won in 2:19.17.
"They battled," Bryant said. "The other girl came back on her in the last 25 meters and was ahead by half a step. Nicole had just enough left in the last five meters to make it to the finish line. The excitement in the stadium was off the chart at that point. They had kind of gotten the twins mixed up during the week, but I think she won the heart of the crowd there."Warwick said the runners' pace at the start of the 800 was faster than she was used to. She blamed nerves for hindering her efforts in the last two national meets, but was determined not to let them get the better of her this year.
"I really wanted to win," Warwick said. "I decided she wasn't going to beat me. I wanted to run well and prove to people I can run."
Warwick capped the meet with a time of 4:51.32 in the 1,500 on Sunday, a personal best. Sydney Tullai of Chino Hills won in 4:49.75.
Warwick said she has yet to meet Powell-Ross, but would like to get her autograph one day. Warwick said they go to the same physical therapist, so a meeting seems inevitable.
The daughters of John and Wendy Warwick are most looking forward to running with Clay, 12, and Stevens, 11, at next year's nationals. They move up an age division together.
Among the Central Valley Roadrunners highlights was Xavier Lewis, 10, finishing fourth in the bantam boys shot put with a mark of 29 feet, 10 inches. The midget boys 4x800 relay team of Andrew Guardado, Andrew Raspo, Trevor Crippen, Caleb Wolderstorff did not medal, but ran a personal best 10:57.
Danielle Drew finished 11th in the 100 meters. Bryant said she slipped coming out of the blocks in her heat and missed the finals by four-hundredths of a second.
Wednesday, August 4
7 TOP AJAX TEAMS INVITED to MUSTANG STAMPEDE
A record seven (7) Ajax teams - the most ever - are attending the Mustang Stampede for Girls event, a PREMIER ELITE tournament, one of the best in the nation. Six of those seven teams are competing in the Premier flights, Mustang's brackets for the nation's best teams:
1) Ajax United Nineveh 02 (Tim Leonard) - Nineveh 02 have cemented their position as the #2 team in Cal North with convincing wins in all of their tournaments. THey are Breakers Cup Champions, El Dorado Finalists, and Norcal Spring League champions. They are on a 10-game unbeaten streak, and have scored 33 goals and conceded just 2 in their last two tourneys. Incredible stuff. At Mustang, they will play El Dorado Sol, ranked #1, San Diego Surf, the top team in Cal South, and Mustang's A team.
2) Ajax United Nineveh 01 (Chris Silveira) - the top ranked Breakers champs and Cal Cup champions will look to continue their winning ways as they battle Pleasanton Rage, El Dorado Eclipse and Eagles.
3) Ajax United Elite 2000G (Ninos Isaac) - with their special brand of power passing, the Elite 2000 Girls will look to challenge for an astonishing three championships in three weeks! Fresh off championships at Placer and Pleasanton Rage, they will face top ranked Sporting Green, Columbia Timbers, Oregon's best U11 team, and a rematch with North Bay Elite Barcelona. 2000G are getting on a roll. They have been in 7 tournaments so far, and have made championship appearances in 6 of them.
4) Ajax United Elite 99G (Aklesh Singh) - undeniably the second best team in California North after the nation's #1 ranked Rays, our 99 Girls will be looking for top honors at the Stampede event. They are coming off 4 shoutout matches at Pleasanton Rage, where they took the championship 3-0 versus Santa Rose Ice, CYSA State Cup Champions. They face top teams, Sporting Green, Elk Grove Everton and Legends FC.
5) Ajax United Elite 98G (Luciano Silveira) - back from Surf, the US Regionals champions and Cal Cup finalists, get stronger by the week. The #2 ranked Cal North team and CYSA State Cup finalist are looking to make an impression at the Stampede. They face So Cal Blues, Eastside FC, and San Juan Blue, all top notch teams.
6) Ajax United Elite 97G (Ninos Isaac/Mike Rainsford) - a revitalized Ajax 97 team, which now is home to the very best players from Elite 97G and East Bay 97G will compete in its first tourney as a group. They play in the Gold flight against top teams Walnut Creek Dynamos, Castro Valley Fury, and Arsenal FC. They recently defeated local rivals Ceres and Turlock in consecutive tournaments and will be looking to take the next step towards a top 5 spot in the rankings.
7) Finally, Ajax United Elite 95G (Steve Aristotelous) will participate in the Premier flight at the U16 age group. The US Regional Champions, and 2010 Norcal State Cup champions, will look to showcase their exciting brand of attacking soccer. They will face powerful Foothill Storm, Sonhomish, and Santa Clarita.
GOOD LUCK AJAX UNITED!
Monday, August 2
Double Trouble: Elite 99G and Elite 2000G both win Rage Showcase
Aklesh Singh's U12 Elite 99G and Ninos Isaac's U11 Elite 2000G have won the highest Premier flight of the Pleasanton Rage Showcase this weekend.
Elite 99G were simply invincible. They defeated San Ramon Azure 2-0, and then took down host Pleasanton Rage 3-0. They then beat Placer Gold 2-0 to advance to the championship match where they defeated Santa Rosa United Ice 3-0.
Elite 2000G were irresistable, on the heels of their Placer championship last weekend, although they had a tougher time of it: they tied Diablo FC 0-0, but went on to defeat Pleasanton 7-1 before mounting a ferocious second half comeback against higher-ranked North Bay Elite to win 2-1. They then faced local rivals and top ranked Manteca Pumas, whom they defeated 2-0 to take home top honors.
Ajax Football Club is proud of these two teams accomplishments as well as the good showing by Premier 98G in the Gold flight, where they lost in the championship match. BRAVO!
Saturday, July 24
2010 NorCal State Cup Groupings
The Norcal State Cup groupings and schedules are out! Check out the calendar.
2010 NorCal State Cup - U11-U13 Preliminary Round
Ajax United Elite 99G
Livermore Fusion SC 98G Maroon
Pacific FC Lightning
Tracy Futbol Club Tracy Crush
Sunday, July 11
U12 Girls and U13 Boys Capture Titles!
Aklesh Singh's U12 Elite 99G girls have captured the Davis Legacy championship this weekend. Ajax defeated all opposition in group play. They defeated Davis 2-1, Vacaville 4-0, and American River 5-0, to advance to the semi-final. There they defeated El Dorado 2-1. In the championship match they defeated Mustang's top team, Mustang Magic, 2-1 on penalty kicks. The Elite 99G team has cemented itself as the #2 team in the state, after the Redwood Rays.
Cuco Duran's team has captured the Placer Foothills Tournament, with wins of 5-0 v Placer Black, 8-0 v Mustang Galaxy, and 6-0 v El Dorado. In the semi-final, they defeated Stockton Monarcas 2-1. In the championship, Elite 98B, like their 99 Girls counterparts defeated Mustang's A team on penalty kicks to capture the championship. They are now also ranked #2 in Cal North.
"Truly, I've said enough about the quality of the soccer on display from these two AJAX teams, and the fine work of the AJAX coaching staffs; great technical development followed by great passing football begets great results, not always immediately, but in the end." said Club Director Ninos Isaac. "We saw it with Spain at the World Cup, and we see it with our Ajax teams."
Sunday, July 4
Ajax Demonstrates Power in New Norcal U9-U13 Rankings!
Norcal Premier has just released its latest rounds of U9-U13 rankings after Cal Cup and Ajax United teams demonstrate power across the board:
U9 Ajax United Nineveh 02 (Leonard) - on the heels of a superb championship performance in Cal Cup, Ajax United proves it has the strongest U9 team in the entire region. The only team ranked ahead of them is El Dorado Sol. A magnificent coaching effort by Tim Leonard!
U10 Ajax United Nineveh 01 (C. Silveira) - also won the championship at Cal Cup and has vaulted up the rankings. They are now ranked #5 in Cal North, behind El Dorado Sol, Mustang Fury, Pleasanton Rage, and local rival, Manteca Flames. Chris, Trish and Meg have led the team with aplomb.
U11 Ajax United Elite 2000G (N. Isaac) - recently defeated San Juan twice, and then Placer Gold and Manteca Flames at Cal Cup to finish 2nd and capture the #5 spot in Cal North rankings - the team's success is a superb accomplishment given the fact that over half of the players were not on the Elite team the previous year. They trail powerhouses SRU Tremors, Elk Grove Everton, Mustang Pride and Santa Clara Sporting, and are making great strides in their development.
U12 Ajax United Elite 99G (A.Singh) - recent #4 ranking probably does not do the team justice, but they are currently behind Rays 98G, Mustang Magic, and Elk Grove. Aklesh is a superb coach and his team always comes on strong in the second half of the season. They will challenge for top honors this year once they hit their stride.
U13 Ajax United Elite 98G (L. Silveira) - ranked #1 in Cal North, although Mustang Xplosion, Santa Clara Sporting Green and Santa Rosa Freeze are omitted from the rankings. Luciano's Elite 98G team won the US Club Regionals in June and were finalists at Cal Cup a week later. They are developing very well, and are on course to get even better. According to Got Soccer, Ajax is one of the top 3 teams in this age group alongside Santa Clara Sporting, and Mustang Xplosion.
Based on these rankings, AJAX can lay claim to be one of the two strongest performing Girls programs in Northern California. Here are the top 5 programs for girls between U9-U13:
- 1. Mustang - Average Team Rank in Cal North = 3.40
- 2. AJAX UNITED - Average Team Rank in Cal North = 3.60
- 3. Elk Grove - Average Team Rank in Cal North = 5.40
- 4. Santa Clara Sporting - Average Team Rank in Cal North = 6.60
- 5. El Dorado - Average Team Rank in Cal North = 11.75
Thursday, June 24
2010 NorCal Premier Fall League Grouping
The fall league groupings and schedules are out! Check out the calendar.
U12G - PREMIER - Region 2-3-4-5
Ajax United Elite 99G
Bay Oaks SC Bombers 98 Gold
Diablo Futbol Club Diablo FC 98 G
GSC Gryphons 98G White
NBEFC `98G Blue - RAPIDS
Pleasanton Rage '98 Orange
San Ramon AZURI 99G
SCA 99G BLACK
Walnut Creek Explosion
Sunday, June 20
Arie goes Hollywood at US Club Regionals!!!!
Sunday, March 21
U12 Ajax Elite 99G Welcome Ajax East Bay 99G to Club
Nick Howliston, a coach in Ajax East Bay, and one of the most highly licensed coaches in Cal North, said, "it's a good fit; Ajax is a club on the rise, and we are thrilled to be a part of it."
The teams are yet to secure their club uniforms. Too excited to wait, one Ajax East Bay player, created a home-made Ajax patch for her shirt, by copying the club logo from the website. "The players see the quality here and they are really delighted to be a part of this club," said Howliston.
pictured top right: Ajax Elite players welcome Ajax East Bay players before Saturday's friendly match-up.
Saturday, March 13
Girls U11 National & Regional Rankings
1. Albertson Fury 98 (Albertson, NY)
2. Redwood Alliance Rays 98 (Redwood City, CA)
3. Dallas Texans Red 99 (Dallas, TX)
4. Team Chicago Jaguars (Aurora, IL)
5. So Cal Blues Draluck (San Juan Capistrano, CA)
6. Michigan Hawks (Livonia, MI)
7. San Diego Surf White (San Diego, CA)
8. SAC United Premier (Columbia, MD)
9. Solar 99 (Dallas, TX)
10. PDA O'Reilly (Zarephath, NJ)
11. Dallas Sting 99 (Dallas, TX)
12. South Bay Force Black (Torrance, CA)
13. Dallas Sting Royal 99 (Dallas, TX)
14. YMS Xplosion 98 (Yardley, PA)
15. BRYC 98 Elite (Centerville, VA)
16. Eclipse Select Tri-Cities Black 98/99 (Geneva, IL)
17. WAZA East 99 Royal (Rochester, MI)
18. Solar Red 99 Colvin (Dallas, TX)
19. Tophat 17 Gold (Atlanta, GA)
20. Elite Soccer Charge (Ridgewood, NJ)
21. HBC Intense 98 (Huntington, NY)
22. San Diego Surf Blue (San Diego, CA)
23. Blitz 99 Girls Elite (Honolulu, HI)
24. FC Dallas 99 (Dallas, TX)
25. CFC Royal (Medina, OH)
26. Alliance FC 99 Black (Grand Rapids, MI)
27. Michigan Elite 99 (Troy, MI)
28. Mustangs FC 99 (Dallas, TX)
29. FC Barcelona (Pasadena, CA)
30. Real California FC Academy (Camarillo, CA)
31. PWSI Courage 98 Red (Manassas, VA)
32. LA Rampage (Sylmar, CA)
33. NJSA Sting (Holmdel, NJ)
34. Modesto Ajax United Elite 99G (Modesto, CA)
35. Loudoun Soccer 98 Red (Loudoun, VA)
36. Corona United (Corona, CA)
37. Michigan Jaguars Green (Novi, MI)
38. Kings Soccer Academy - Stahl (Cincinnati, OH)
39. So Cal Infinity (Cerritos, CA)
40. Ohio Premier Eagles Green UA (Columbus, OH)
41. Loudoun Soccer 98 Red (Loudoun, VA)
42. Eastside FC 98 Red (Bellevue, WA)
43. Elk Grove Everton (Elk Grove, CA)
44. Legends FC (Glendora, CA)
45. West Coast FC (Mission Viejo, CA)
46. Real So Cal (San Fernando, CA)
Region IV Rankings
1. Redwood Alliance Rays 98 (Redwood City, CA)
2. So Cal Blues Draluck (San Juan Capistrano, CA)
3. San Diego Surf White (San Diego, CA)
4. South Bay Force Black (Torrance, CA)
5. San Diego Surf Blue (San Diego, CA)
6. Blitz 99 Girls Elite (Honolulu, HI)
7. FC Barcelona (Pasadena, CA)
8. Real California FC Academy (Camarillo, CA)
9. LA Rampage (Sylmar, CA)
10. Modesto Ajax United Elite 99G (Modesto, CA)
11. Corona United (Corona, CA)
12. So Cal Infinity (Cerritos, CA)
13. Eastside FC 98 Red (Bellevue, WA)
14. Elk Grove Everton (Elk Grove, CA)
15. Legends FC (Glendora, CA)
16. West Coast FC (Mission Viejo, CA)
17. Real So Cal (San Fernando, CA)
Friday, March 5
2010 NorCal Premier Spring League Grouping
The spring league groupings and schedules are out! Check out the calendar.
U11G - PREMIER - Region 2-3-4-5
Bay Oaks Soccer Club Bombers 98 Gold
Central Santa Clara Valley Soccer Jaguars Red
GSC Gryphons 98G White
Juventus Sport Club Juventus Cosmos
Modesto Ajax United Elite 99G
NorthBay Elite Futbol Club Rapids
SCA 99G BLACK
Santa Clara Sporting FC Sporting 98G Green
Walnut Creek Explosion
Tuesday, March 2
Our practice uniform T-shirts will be ready by the end of this week and will be handed out at Saturday's practice (3/6/10) by Linnea's mom, Charlotte