Swimming - Boys & Girls: Welcome
2009-10 WHS SWIM SEASON
Welcome to the Woodmont High School Swim Team! This is our fifth year swimming in the AAA Class. Swim Team season begins August 17th and continues until October 17th (State Meet). The practices will be held Monday – Thursday from 8:30pm to 10pm until after Labor Day at the *Poinsettia Subdivision Pool. Starting September 7th practices will be held from 4:30pm – 6:00pm Monday thru Thursday at the same location. Meets are usually held one day per week. The final meet schedule will be released shortly – for now please see the tentative schedule. You will need to be able to swim at least 100yds freestyle in order to be on the team.
There are new criteria’s for lettering this year. You must complete two out of the three criteria’s:
- Swim each stroke by the end of the season
- Be present at each meet
- Make State Championships
Over the summer there are many opportunities for you to improve your swim techniques. You may want to contact your local YMCA, Greenville Recreational Dept., or your local pool to join a S.A.I.L team.
Each swimmer must have the following paper work filled out by the first practice:
- Physical Forms (dated after 4/1/09)
- Parent’s Permission for son or daughter to participate in athletics
- Greenville Hospital System Consent and Authorization
- Emergency Medical Information
- Copy of Birth Certificate
- Woodmont Swim Team Information Sheet
- Copy of final report card
- Insurance check $36.00 made out to Woodmont High School
- Selling tickets and participating in the Applebee’s Pancake Breakfast fundraiser (8/29/09)
Please feel free to contact either Coach for additional information.
We are looking forward to another great season!GO WILDCATS!
Coach “C” Coach “Y”
PattiAnn Cannarozzi Cata Yankelevitch
Phone: 355-1404 work/420-2222 cell Phone: 962-2346 home
*Directions to Poinsettia Pool (404 Poinsettia Dr)from WHS: Turn right out of the WHS parking lot turn left W. Georgia Rd (becomes N Maple St) and then turn left at W Curtis Street. Turn right at Poinsettia Dr. pool on right.