Whetstone High School: Welcome
Welcome to the home of Braves Baseball !
Check out the latest news on the Braves baseball team from the This Week News.
Congrats to the Whetstone High School Baseball team for Winning it's 6th straight City Championship...This add's to the Braves CPS record of consecutive streak !
Seth Bragg pitched an amazing game , as he tossed a NO HITTER at Briggs, this was also the Braves 20th W I N !
Varsity Players please hand in your Uniforms , drop them off at Coach Broskie's classroom. We would like to collect them before the banquet....Thanks !
Wednesday May 31st- Baseball Banquet
Site- Whetstone High School Cafeteria
What to Bring
Juniors- Main Dish
Sophomores- Desert Dish
Freshman- Side Dish
Coach Broskie- Paper plates, Napkins, Utensils and Cups.
Congrats to these players on getting post season honors.
1st Team All City
2nd Team All City
Honorable Mention All City
Honorable Mention All District
Go Braves !
Check out the link to Mannino's Fall/Winter Camps and Pitching/Hitting Leagues !
Another Great Site with some good deals on Baseball equipment.
Check out Just Bats.com for some good deals on bats !
This website has great deals on baseball bats, check it out !
This is a good place to go get some Swings at.
Click the link to see what Big League Baseball School has going on .
If you need directions to a High School that Whetstone plays. You can either click on Locations to the left and that will give directions to most schools that Whetstone plays. Or you can click on the link above and that has directions to every High School in the entire State of Ohio. Good Luck and Thanks for supporting the Braves !
1. Getting picked off a base
2. Not sliding
3. Not knowing how many outs there are
4. Missing a signal or not executing at advancing a runner
5. Throwing to the wrong base
6. Not throwing to the cutoff man from the outfield
7. Not being able to get a sacrifice bunt down
8. Not backing up the play
9. Not calling for a fly ball
10.Taking a called third strike
11. Not getting the sure out
12. Not hustling all the time
13. Not being mentally prepared to play
Check out the link for next weeks weather.
Check out these crazy Braves fans !!!!
We have some great baseball Links on the Link Page
Please check the Location page to get directions to the Braves game sites for the 2006 season.
The Ten Commandments
1. THOU SHALL OBEY THE COACH.
2. THOU SHALL NOT MISS PRACTICE.
3. THOU SHALL NOT SWING AT A 3-0 COUNT.
4. THOU SHALL STEAL 2ND AND NOT GET CAUGHT.
5. THOU SHALL NOT COMMIT AN ERROR OR THOU SHALL PRACTICE HARDER.
6. THOU SHALL HUSTLE TO ALL BASES ON ALL HITS WHETHER BE THY SHORT GROUNDERS OR DEEP FLYS.
7. THOU SHALL NOT ARGUE WITH THE UMPIRE EVEN THOUGH HE KNOWS NOT WHAT HE DOES.
8. THOU SHALL LAY DOWN A SACRIFICE BUNT IF NEED BE FOR THE GOOD OF THE TEAM.
9. THOU SHALL NOT LET THE opponents REACH HOME PLATE.
10. THOU SHALL RESPECT THY opponent BUT FEAR THEM NOT FOR VICTORY SHALL BE YOURS ON GAME DAY.
|Mon 5/22||Seth Bragg tosses a No Hitter in the City Championship||5:30 PM||Briggs High School|