Village Hills Little League: Welcome
Welcome to Village Hills Little Leagues 2017 Season Registrations!
*** Update as of 1/22/17 8:25am ***- Tryouts are Cancelled today due to weather conditions. Rain Make is tentitive for 1/28/17. Stay tuned for any updates prior to this date.
Tryouts will be held 1/21/17 and 1/22/17 for players age 7-12 yrs who are interested in trying out for Major and Minor Divisions. All players in both divisions MUST attend at least 1 tryout date in order to be eligible for the draft. *If you are a returning Majors player and wish to remain on the same team you will not need to attend tryouts.
** Please note the residency and School Attendance Eligibility changes for this upcoming season **
New requirements have been put in place and we are still working out the kinks because we just received them last week. But the biggest change is that the "golden ticket" of a school report card is no longer the sole documentation we need. It is now just one of three documents we will require (see group one below). We will also need to make a copy of your player's birth certificate as well to prove his/her age.
Hope to see you at one of our walkup registrations!
RESIDENCY AND SCHOOL ATTENDANCE ELIGIBILITY
Beginning with the 2017 season, the following changes will be implemented for establishing residency and school attendance eligibility:
• A school issued report card or performance record will no longer be accepted to establish school attendance.
• Also, residence shall be established and supported by documents containing the full residence which includes parent(s) or guardian(s) name, street address, city, state and zip code information, dated or in force between February 1, 2016 (previous year) and February 1, 2017 (current year), from one or more documents from EACH of the three Groups outlined below:
1. Driver's License
2. School records
3. Vehicle records (i.e., registration, lease, etc.)
4. Employment records
5. Insurance documents
1. Welfare/child care records
2. Federal records (i.e., Federal Tax, Social Security, etc.)
3. State records
4. Local (municipal) records
5. Support payment records
6. Homeowner or tenant records
7. Military records
1. Voter's Registration
2. Utility bills (i.e., gas, electric, water/sewer, phone, mobile phone, heating, waste disposal)
3. Financial records
4. Medical records
5. Internet, cable, or satellite records
IMPORTANT NOTE: Example - Three documents from the same Group (utility bill, cable bill, and bank statement) constitute only ONE document. Players who established "residence" or "school attendance" for regular season and/or tournament prior to the 2016-2017 season using the Player Verification Form, and can produce the form with proper proofs and signatures, will be grandfathered and will NOT need to complete a new Player Verification Form.