TOUR RATTLERS: 2012 Season
Hockey For Hunter Hatcher
HUNTER HATCHER MEMORIAL HOCKEY TOURNAMENT
Richmond Rattler, Hunter Hatcher, passed away on April 19th, 2012. Hunter was a 1993 birth year Rattler that was a member of both the 1993 and the 1994 based Rattler teams. Hunter and his brother Luke (a 1994 Rattler) grew up playing hockey at the old Hull Steet rink and at Shooters. They also spent a couple seasons playing in the Central Virginia Youth Roller Hockey League at Skateland in Ashland.Shooters is sponsoring a hockey event in support of Hunter Hatcher. Hockey will be played in honor of Hunter Hatcher and 100% of the proceeds of this event will be donated to the "Hunter Hatcher Fund". All that register will be put on teams and a tournament will be played.The event is open to all hockey players born between 1991-1996. A player does not need to be a previous teammate of Hunter or Luke Hatcher to participate. Players simply need to be interested coming out to play hockey to support the Hatcher family in this very tough time. Playing hockey in memory of Hunter is a great way for us to remember him and support the family.
DATE: Saturday, July 14, 2012
TIME: 4:30pm until 8:30pm
COST: $25 per player
A grill will also be set up outdoors to provide food for the event. 100% of the proceeds from the sale of food will be donated to the "Hunter Hatcher Fund". Bring the family out that day to grab a quick bite to eat even if you aren't playing hockey!
- Come hungry. We will have a grill outside for hot dogs and hamburgers. Proceeds will go to the Hunter Hatcher fund. Let others know. Don't have to be playing hockey to eat! Drinks can be purchased in the rink.
- Games will start at 4:30pm. If you are the first game, get there in time to register, get dressed, and be ready to hit the floor at 4:30pm. Games need to start on time.
- Bring any black jersey (or Rattler Black) and any white (or Rattler Orange/White) jersey. Home team is WHITE/ORANGE and visitor team is BLACK.
- Expect 5 teams.
- When playing hockey, please remember what is bringing us together at the rink for this event. Play hard, have fun, but keep it in perspective.
- If you can help ref, let me know. We need 2 ref's per game. We do have players experienced with ref'ing so hopefully some can help. IF YOU CAN HELP REF, PLEASE REPLY AND I WILL ASSIGN YOU SOME GAMES! If you know someone that wants to volunteer to ref that isn't playing, that would be great. Just send me an email or call me.
- If you want to help grill, please let me know. Can use some cooks!
- Would like a couple of parents to volunteer to coach each team if possible. At least 1 per team.
- Tie breaker for playoffs is head to head, GA, GF.
- Cost is $25. Checks written to "Rattlers Hockey".
- Questions call Darryl at 804-690-6429.
Obituary: Hunter Hatcher, Richmond Times Dispatch
The picture below was taken when Hunter was a member of the Richmond Rattler 1994 team. He is pictured on the bottom 2nd from the right wearing #2.
Monday, July 2
The Richmond Rattlers wrapped up their 2012 Travel Season in Apex, NC by competing in the 2Hot4Ice National Championship Games. Click on the image below for scores and updates.
RATTLER MEDAL COUNT
10U AAA Division - Richmond Rattlers 10U Black - Bronze
12U A Division - Richmond Rattlers 12U Black - Silver
14U A Division - Richmond Rattlers 14U Orange - Bronze
14U AA Division - Richmond Rattlers 14U Black - Gold
Monday, June 4
Sunday, May 13
2HOT4ICE Rattler Results from Richmond
10U Division Gold Medal Winners - Richmond Rattlers Black
14U A Division Gold Medal Winners - Richmond Rattlers Orange
14U AA Division Gold Medal Winners - Richmond Rattlers Black
16U Division Silver Medal Winners - Richmond Rattlers
Check the link below for scores and highlights.
Missed the Championship Games? You can still check out the replays online on ISPN.
Click on the ISPN logo below and create your free account today!
Monday, April 23
ECHO/Coastal Cup Qualifier - Apex, NC
Congrats to the following teams who competed this past weekend at the ECHO/Coastal Cup Qualifier in Apex, NC
10U Black - Silver
14U Orange - Silver
Click on the image below for a link to the Coastal Cup website for all the game scores.
Monday, March 26
ECHO Qualifier & Winter Wars 5
Congrats to the following teams this past weekend at the ECHO Qualifier in Apex, NC
12U Black Team - Silver
16U Orange Team - Silver
Also, congratulations to the 98 Select Team for bringing home the Silver at Winter Wars 5 in Feasterville, PA
Scores and highlights from all age divisions can be found by clicking on the links below
Thursday, February 16
8u Rattlers Black
Coaches: JD Bondurant, Scott Foster, Walt Goode
10u Rattlers Black
Head Coach: Matt Simmons
Assistant Coach: Keith Hamilton
10u Rattlers Orange
Head Coach: Pete Pawluk
Assistant Coach: Eric Overby
12u Rattlers Black
Coaches: JD Bondurant, Mike Klee, Gene Scavola
14u Rattlers Black
Coach: Brian Cecil
Assistant Coach: Darryl Talman
14u Rattlers Orange
Coach: Marla Horsley
Assistant Coach: Karla Cuneo
14u Rattlers Alternates
*Alternates can fill in for either team.