Jamaica Plain Regan Youth League: Welcome
Background: The Jamaica Plain Regan Youth League (RYL) provides more than 700 children of Jamaica Plain with the opportunity to play organized baseball and softball in an open, safe, and friendly environment. RYL aspires to foster the discipline and fun that are part of learning a challenging team sport, to encourage a spirit of community among participants from diverse backgrounds who practice and play together, and to promote good sportsmanship and respect for teammates, opponents, coaches, and umpires. RYL relies upon volunteers, with the active participation of community and family members, to function effectively. The Regan Youth League Administrator helps with the functional requirements to run RYL, in concert with a strong Board and other volunteers.
Job Summary: The J.P. Regan Youth League Administrator will support the Regan League in carrying out its mission and goals as it relates to running of the baseball and softball programs. This will include working with the volunteer board and other volunteers on a multitude of projects and programs. The Administrator reports to the President of the J.P. Regan Youth League, and its volunteer board.
Areas of responsibility include the following:
- Event Planning: Coordinate all aspects of League registration days (March 30, April 6), Opening Day Parade (April 20) and End of Year Picnic (June 22). This includes recruiting and supervising volunteers, communication with parents and coaches and overseeing all logistics. Ideally, the Administrator will help form committees that will help to plan and execute all events.
- Sponsor Management: Work with League President and volunteers to recruit and track team and league sponsors and payments; order banners for parade with logos of all sponsors.
- Administrative: Responsible for checking phone, email and P.O Box and responding to inquiries; run CORI checks; schedule and organize photo day; help distribute registration flyers at Annual Meeting; place order for raffle tickets; schedule port-a-potty delivery and pick up.
Requirements: Experience in community-based youth services and/or youth sports programs; Familiarity with Microsoft Office or comparable computer skills/experience; Knowledge of the sports of baseball and softball; Excellent social and organizational skills are a must; Experience with multicultural populations and diverse constituencies; Bilingual English-Spanish speaker preferred; Well-organized and able to take initiative; Familiarity with the Jamaica Plain community desirable.
This is a part-time position (Jan-July) available as of January 15, 2019, and runs through July 15, 2019. Our current League Administrator is transitioning from the role. For the 2019 season, the new League Administrator will work in partnership with the current League Administrator to learn all aspects of the role.
Compensation: The League Administrator will receive a $5,000 stipend for the 2019 season.
How To Apply: Please send a resume and cover letter detailing your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 Age Change
AGE CUT OFF CHANGE
Last Winter, the Board of Directors of the Jamaica Plain Regan Youth League voted to change the age cut off for our Divisions from April 30 to August 31 starting with the 2019 season. Please make a note before registration for 2019.
Regan Youth League Age Guidelines 2019
Child’s Age as of August 31
- Tee Ball (5-6 years old): Birthdays September 1, 2012 to August 31, 2014
- Farm (7-8 years old): Birthdays September 1, 2010- August 31, 2012
- Junior (9-10): September 1, 2008-August 31, 2010
- Senior (11-12): September 1, 2006-August 31, 2008
- Pony (13-15): September 1, 2003-August 31, 2006
CAMBIO EN LA EDAD
El invierno pasado, la Junta Directiva de la Jamaica Plain Regan Youth League votó a favor de cambiar el límite de edad para nuestras Divisiones del 30 de abril al 31 de agosto, comenzando con la temporada 2019. Por favor, tome nota antes de la inscripción para 2019.
Edad del Niño a partir del 31 de Agosto
- Tee Ball (5-6 years old): Cumpleaños Septiembre 1, 2012-Agosto 31, 2014
- Farm (7-8 years old): Cumpleaños Septiembre 1, 2010-Agosto 31, 2012
- Junior (9-10): Cumpleaños Septiembre 1, 2008-Agosto 31, 2010
- Senior (11-12): Cumpleaños Septiembre 1, 2006-Agosto 31, 2008
- Pony (13-15): Cumpleaños Septiembre 1, 2003-Agosto 31, 2006
Traducción realizada con el traductor www.DeepL.com/Translator