Lindenhurst American Little League: Code of Ethics
CODE OF ETHICS.
The following Code of Ethic’s rules must be strictly adhered to. Failure to do so will result in disciplinary action, which could include but not limited to, game suspension(s) or removal from the program.
1. Bullying - Bullying WILL NOT be tolerated. Bullying includes, but not limited to, Physical contact, Teasing/Taunting, or any other conduct which is deemed inappropriate. If bullying occurs, the individual will be removed from the game PLUS an additional penalty to be determined.
2. The throwing or abuse of any equipment will result in removal from that game and will be suspended for a minimum of 1 game. Example: Helmets, Bats, etc…
3. All divisions will play according to BOOK RULES and IN-HOUSE rules where applicable.
4. Managers, coaches, players, and spectators WILL NOT use profanity or demeaning or degrading language. Use of any of the above WILL result in ejection from the game PLUS the next game.
5. Physical altercations WILL result in game suspension(s), and possible removal from the program and possible arrest.
6. There will be no jewelry of any kind worn during games, practices, or in the dugout by players. Penalty is removal for the balance of the game.
7. The use of illegal equipment (Bats, Unsecured batting donuts, skull caps, etc…) WILL result in the removal of the manager for the balance of the game and the confiscation of the illegal equipment.
8. Should a manager or coach jeopardize the safety or well being of a player by not following the mandated safety procedures, he/she WILL be removed for the remainder of the program.
9. Any manager or coach found violating pitching rules WILL result in forfeit of that game, and possible suspension.
10. Any display of unsportsmanlike conduct WILL result in game suspension(s), and/or removal from the program.
11. Any actions contrary to the well being of the league WILL result in Game suspension(s) and/or removal from the program.
12. Managers and coaches are responsible for the behavior of their spectators. Should a spectator become unruly, they and the manager will be removed. The game will not continue until it is resolved.
13. There will be no unauthorized personnel in the dugout or on the field at any time. Penalty is the removal of the manager or coach from the game.
14. No manager or coach may leave the dugout without asking for, and being granted, time-out from the umpire.
15. No manager, coach, parent, or player will abuse the umpire in any way. If this happens, the individual will be removed from the game PLUS an additional penalty to be determined.
16. Medical releases MUST be carried with you at all times. Penalty: The game will be stopped until the medical forms are at the field.
17. THIS code of ethics sheet MUST be carried with you at all times.
18. Rule Books MUST be carried with you at all times.
19. ALL manager books must be carried with you at all times.
20. Any rule, regulation, or policy infraction can and will be dealt with in the most expeditious manner. A committee of 3 board members will determine if the infraction penalty is warranted.
21. You lived your childhood, let the kids live theirs.
ANY PENALTY CAN BE INCREASED AT THE DISCRETION OF THE BOARD of DIRECTORS.