Great Valley Little League: My Site News
Rally for the Valley
Tuesday, January 27
2015 Season Timeline and Important Information
General Information Timeline:
- 1. Coaching candidates selected and contacted in late February and early March.
- 2. Drafts occur (Division specific) and/or Teams assembled by early to mid March
- 3. Coaches will contact players in mid March and practices will begin soon after.
- 4. Games begin in late March or early April depending upon division.
- 5. The regular season ends in mid to late June
- 6. In older divisions post season play (tournaments, All Stars, etc.) begins in late June and may run into early/mid July
General Information about equipment:
- Great Valley Little League provides jersey’s & hats for every player in each Division (socks in older divisions)
- Batting helmets are provided to Manager’s and shared among teammates as are bats in the younger divisions.
- Parents are expected to supply mitts, pants and shoes (cleats are optional) for their players.
- Popular optional (parent supplied) equipment that many kids enjoy include:
· Water bottles
· Batting gloves
· Personal helmets
· Personal bats**
· Equipment bags
* Rubber cleats are allowed in any Division. Metal cleats are only allowed for baseball players in the Junior (13 YO+) Division and older
** Little League bats (2¼ inch in diameter) must be used for ages 12 YO Major Division and younger. Big Barrel bats (2 5/8 inches) can only be used on the 60x90 “Big field” by players in the Junior (13 YO+) Division or older. All composite bats for the big field must be "BBCOR" aproved. Please refer to the Little League website for specifics on allowable bats http://www.littleleague.org/learn/equipment/baseballbatinfo.htm
Thursday, July 17
GVLL Takes 2 Section 8 Title to Advance to the State Championship!!!
The Seniors International All-Star Team successfully defended their Section 8 title today by defeating Lower Gwynedd 1-0. The repeat victory was capped by a 7 inning complete game by Donald Edwards and a 7th inning homerun by Allan Berry. The Seniors move on to the State Championship for the second year in a row.
Not be be outdone, the Juniors International All-Start team also won the Section 8 championship 8-3 to advance to the State Championship.
Having two of our teams advance to the 8 best teams in the state for their age groups in the same year exemplifies the success of the GVLL program. Congratulations to all the players coaches and parents and good luck in the next round.
Tuesday, September 1
Subscribe to or Update e-mail contacts for GVLL E-Mail Blasts
Weather Cancellations via Twitter. Follow us @GreatValleyLL