NEW YORK STATE USA JO SOFTBALL: MESSAGE BOARDS
||DISTRICT 7A S A IN
||DISTRICT 7 A S A INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT PLAYING RULES
|* BENCH AREA-Only the players,coaches,score-
keeper, and bat person may be in the team bench area. all must have background checks
done by A S A ALL TEAM STAFF MUST WEAR THERE I,D,CARDS WHERE THEY CAN BE SEEN AT ALL TIMES WHILE INSIDE THE PLAYING AREA
* Any team member not displaying good sportsmanship may be ejected and/or
maybe suspended from any future A.S.A. play.
This includes fans from that team.
UNSPORTSMANLIKE CONDUCT WILL NOT BE TOLERATED
* FIELD PRACTICE-Teams must warm up in outfield unless the Tournament Director grants permission for infield use.
* FORFEIT TIME-Is always gametime.
* GROUND RULES-Managers and umpires must review the ground rules before each contest.
* HOME TEAM-To be decided by a coin flip by umpires or Tournament Director.
In invitational highest seed will be home team.
* MERCY RULE-All games must go seven(7) innings, but the run ahead rule (mercy rule)
must terminate a game after
* 4 and a half or 5 innings
* 8 runs 3 innings 15 runs
The current A.S.A playing rules will be in effect.
* PROTESTS-Will be settled on the spot by the Tournament Director or Designee and will be final. If the Tournament Director or Designee is not present, the decision of the umpires is final.
* RAIN DELAY-In case of a game delay due to rain, teams should not leave game site until the Tournament Director makes an official
* REPORT TIME-Teams are requested to report forty-five (45) minutes before game time.
* SCORING-The "Home Book" will be the official Score book, unless the Tournament Designated scorer is present.
* SOFTBALLS-Only A.S.A. approved softballs of the same brands, type and core may be used in the tournament.
* STARTING TIME-Will be listed with the brackets prior to the tournament. The Tournament Director reserves the right to change any game time at his/her discretion.
* TYPE-All J.O. Invitational Tournaments will be pool play, followed by single elimination. You may run a double elimination tournament with consent
from the J.O Comm.
* UNIFORMS- For All Tournaments, all teams must wear matching jerseys. Ball caps, visors and head bands are option for players. If worn, they can be mixed, but must be worn properly. Full uniforms with numbers are required. Players shall not display the name and/or logos of any other softball association on their uniforms.