California District 29 Little League: District News
The Intermediate (50/70) Baseball Division utilizes a modified baseball field using a 50-foot pitching distance and 70-foot base paths. This new division is structured for League age 11-13 year olds.
One objective of the Intermediate program is to provide a transition between the 46/60 field and the full size 60/90 baseball field.
Besides the size of the field, other rule changes from Little League to Intermediate Division are:
- Players will be permitted to "lead off"
- A regulation game consists of 7 innings
- The on-deck batter will be permitted
As in other divisions of Little League, the following still apply:
- Every rostered player present at the start of a game will participate in each game for a minimum of six (6) defensive outs and bat at least one (1) time.
- Pitch count limits will be based on League age
- The maximum diameter of bats cannot exceed 2 5/8 inches. 2 ¼" composite bats are not permitted in the Intermediate Division.
Please see the Handout for District 29's 2013 Intermediate Baseball Division schedule.
Wednesday, May 29
BIG LEAGUE STARTS NOW!
Come on out to the ballpark and watch District 29's Big League team play against those from District 46, District 30 and District 56.
Big League is for players 16-18 years of age.
See the Schedule below HERE and in Handouts for details.