1 - Boys U6/U7: Welcome
The 2013 Spring season begins with games starting April 13, 2013.
All games are at Learwood Middle School. All games are at Learwood Middle School. Rosters are primarily carried over from the fall season with the possibility of new players added for the spring season only. Please know that we are unable to accommodate all of the special requests for specific coaches/teams when forming and balancing the rosters.
The Boys U6/U7 Soccer program is an introductory program for children in U6 (DOB 8/1/06 to 7/31/07) Kindergarten and U7 (DOB 8/1/05 to 7/31/06) First Grade. The program is designed to provide a fun atmosphere where children can learn soccer fundamentals. The teams play a 3v3 format with no goalies. There is no score keeping or registering of teams wins/losses. Practices are held one day per week, with games played mainly on Saturdays with an occasional week-day game.
Our basic philosophy is:
- Developing the mind, body, and self-esteem through sportsmanship, education, skill, teamwork, exercise and enjoyment.
- Encourage the development of a positive team attitude through cooperative team play. The attitude and practice of winning at any cost is not acceptable.
- A commitment to benefit the majority of Avon Lake youth, not only the talented few. Thus our programs shall stress maximum participation from all athletes, regardless of ability. Our programs shall be designed to provide evenly balanced competition.
- Ensure minimal pressure on youth players from coaches, spectators and parents and encourage youth to simply do their best.
* Coaches - Check the Handouts page to get information on MICRO rules, player rotations and weekly practice ideas.
* For more information, contact Boys U6/U7 Director - Phil Hock
Technical Training begins Saturday, April 20, 2013 one-half hour prior to each game. Professional staff members and ALHS players will be present to teach these sessions along with ALSO volunteers. There are several topics that will be presented throughout the season and we encourage all players and coaches to attend these sessions.