2 - Boys U8/U9 (Rec): Welcome
Boys U8/U9 Rec: Welcome
The Spring season begins with games starting April 20, 2013.
All games are at Learwood Middle School (or check individual schedule for Walker Rd Park). Rosters are formed and ready to go. Please know that we are unable to accommodate all of the special requests for specific coaches/teams when forming and balancing the rosters.
The Boys Rec Soccer program is an introductory program for children in U8 (DOB 8/1/04 to 7/31/05) second and U9 (DOB 8/1/03 to 7/31/04) third grade. The program is designed to provide a fun atmosphere where children can learn soccer fundamentals. The teams play a 6v6 format with five players and a goalie. There is no score keeping or registering of teams wins/losses. Practices are held one day per week, with games played mainly on Saturdays with an occasional week-day game.
Our basic philosophy is:
- Developing the mind, body, and self-esteem through sportsmanship, education, skill, teamwork, exercise and enjoyment.
- Encourage the development of a positive team attitude through cooperative team play. The attitude and practice of winning at any cost is not acceptable.
- A commitment to benefit the majority of Avon Lake youth, not only the talented few. Thus our programs shall stress maximum participation from all athletes, regardless of ability. Our programs shall be designed to provide evenly balanced competition.
- Ensure minimal pressure on youth players from coaches, spectators and parents and encourage youth to simply do their best.
* Coaches - Check the Handouts page to get information on Rec rules, player rotations and weekly practice ideas.
For coaching and contact information for your team click on the team link.